Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never got around to thanking Tom and sharing my experience on FF so here it is!

2014 Ford Focus SE

I had the shudder and was seeking a remedy and stumbled across Tom's Tune on these Forums.

So I ordered the SCT from him and it arrived promptly to my door. The directions on how to datalog and send him the info is EXTREMELY thorough and I don't believe anyone should be intimidated by doing this tune. He is really quick to email back the tunes and any tweaks you ask for. My first tune was substantially better than stock, still had a little shudder in first gear. He had me send one more log and cleared up the shudder entirely. I am happy to say I am shudder free 99.99% of the time 6 months after the tune! I have seen better gas mileage, snappier shifts and it feels like more power resulting in a car that is way more enjoyable to drive than before the tune

I'm on the reddit forum occasionally and have recommended it there to people seeking refuge from the DCT woes but wanted to post here as well. If you are home during this pandemic and have the extra cash, I cannot recommend him and his tune enough. He's even responded to non-tune related questions when I have them. He is truly a focus fanatic!

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus SE
2 Posts
Hello! Great to hear about this tune. I am very interested in tuning my focus as well through Tom as I have heard great things. What were the modifications done and what were the results?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Never got around to thanking Tom and sharing my experience on FF so here it is!

2014 Ford Focus SE

I had the shudder and was seeking a remedy and stumbled across Tom's Tune on these Forums.

So I ordered the SCT from him and it arrived promptly to my door. The directions on how to datalog and send him the info is EXTREMELY thorough and I don't believe anyone should be intimidated by doing this tune. He is really quick to email back the tunes and any tweaks you ask for. My first tune was substantially better than stock, still had a little shudder in first gear. He had me send one more log and cleared up the shudder entirely. I am happy to say I am shudder free 99.99% of the time 6 months after the tune! I have seen better gas mileage, snappier shifts and it feels like more power resulting in a car that is way more enjoyable to drive than before the tune

I'm on the reddit forum occasionally and have recommended it there to people seeking refuge from the DCT woes but wanted to post here as well. If you are home during this pandemic and have the extra cash, I cannot recommend him and his tune enough. He's even responded to non-tune related questions when I have them. He is truly a focus fanatic!
I will be honest, I hear about Tom's tunes all the time but I see everyone talking about this guy doing tunes for people YEARS ago so it is nice knowing he is still offering tunes for the sct. I stay down the street from fswerks anahiem base but it's nice knowing that I can still reach out to Tom for a tune too when my car is ready.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello! Great to hear about this tune. I am very interested in tuning my focus as well through Tom as I have heard great things. What were the modifications done and what were the results?
I'm not sure if you're asking what modifications I've done to my car or what modifications were made by the tune so ill answer both.

I just have a snorkel delete and an aem filter plus the tune. Result is less shudder (almost none), feels like more torque/power and I noticed better gas mileage.

As far as what was changed by the tune, I really can't speak to that. I want to say I recall reading that the tune changes the shift points and when the clutch engages. I'm sure someone else can chime and speak to this more accurately or if you reached out to Tom he could give you a more technical answer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts