Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking for some reason on why the kit never made it out and couldnt find anything unless i missed reading somewhere

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
we disagree , internal waste gate , suck through maf , limited HP injectors etc = low quality in my opinion

If I had made my kit it would of been roughly 4900 to 5500.00

Tom

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks for the quick answer didnt know about the fs injectors and such

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
in most peoples opinion, suck through is better than blow through.. at least from my experiences. i have a lot of friends that would rather be suck through. the injectors can be upgraded to 60lb injectors which handle 380-400whp.. but on a stock engine, the 42lb injectors are more than enough. the internal wastegate works well and i see no problem with it. the actuator it comes with is 8psi but with a boost controller is can be increased. and you can also upgrade the actuator to a 12-14psi one.

the focussport kit is a great kit. comes with a lot of things at a low cost and also can be upgraded. also comes with tuning for the life of the kit. the parts with the kit are very good quality as well. some kits have over 60,000 miles on them already and are still running strong. theyve also sold over 75 kits and i know of no one that was not satisfied with their kit. and most people who have them remark on how the quality is so good and how the engine looks like it came that way from the factory. .

·
Registered
656 Posts
And for most including me who buy the FocusSport kit that will never tear into the engine to upgrade the internals it does offer a HIGH QUALITY kit at a great price.Just curious why you think the kit needs external wastegate,blow through maf,bigger HP injectors when everthing seems to work great on my stock engine.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
imo i would never use a turbo with an internal wastegate... i have owned two cars that have internal wastegates and my focus is external. the srt's only problem was that damn wg but it was totaled before it was fixed and my sti wont have it much longer, there is much better flow and potential to be had out of an external... boost creep and spikes are not good. if i was looking to buy a kit for a duratec i would be very upset that tom didnt make his.. but he is right on his reasoning for not building one. blow though will use not only use the stock maf as an iat sensor which is much better than an aftermarket iat separate from the maf it is better for use with a bov where meter air would other wise be dumped. i agree with tom 100% on this

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
in most peoples opinion, suck through is better than blow through.. at least from my experiences. i have a lot of friends that would rather be suck through. the injectors can be upgraded to 60lb injectors which handle 380-400whp.. but on a stock engine, the 42lb injectors are more than enough. the internal wastegate works well and i see no problem with it. the actuator it comes with is 8psi but with a boost controller is can be increased. and you can also upgrade the actuator to a 12-14psi one.

the focussport kit is a great kit. comes with a lot of things at a low cost and also can be upgraded. also comes with tuning for the life of the kit. the parts with the kit are very good quality as well. some kits have over 60,000 miles on them already and are still running strong. theyve also sold over 75 kits and i know of no one that was not satisfied with their kit. and most people who have them remark on how the quality is so good and how the engine looks like it came that way from the factory. .
And your vast experience equals what the kit on your car that you bought ? Just how many cars have you switched from suck through to blowthrough so you could make a statement by facts vs my friends ,uncle`s, cousins , girlfriends , brother said suck through works better

You have said a whole lot of nothing with less to back it up , all I hear is you can upgrade , sure you can, is that free or you have to pay fs more for that and then when your done getting it to where most take turbo kits on there focus you end up with more $$$$ in fs pocket where with kits I made hade it all in there as well as proper size piping , 2.5 down pipes , external waste gate , blowthrough MAF , MAF ia , proper size injectors to make what the turbo is able to make , its called a proper built kit and that = QUALITY

I never said any one has had any issues with the fs kit or did i even mention the fs kit in my answer

Its like why did you buy a KIA it cost less but would do the same job get you from point A to point B but you opted for a car that had what you needed and what your goals were same with turbo kits but your kit is = to a KIA

Tom

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
ok so what youre saying is that for what focussport sells to go on a stock engine, the internal wastegate is fine? it just has less potential according to you.. and boost creep/spike can happen with external wastegates too cant they? once i got my eboost 2, i have NO boost spike.. its perfect. and i disagree with the less potential. i mean focussport had their STC car with an internal wastegate, running 26psi making 396whp.. not too bad with a gt2871R on a 2.0 liter.

and the whole suck through/blow through is a debate for a different thread. everyone has seperate opinions on this and there are advantages/disadvantages for both.

bottom line. the focussport kit is sold as a kit for a stock engine. to get the most out of the stock engine, focussport has done it. i dont know anyone whos making the kind of power im making in my car right now at 11psi on stock internals. and ive been boosted for 12k miles. within a year ill be rebuilding the motor and pushing over 300whp, but for now with the focussport kit i have a car capable of running in the 12s in the 1/4 mile. not bad.

now for a stock duratec, what would be an advantage of having tom's kit had he released it? your wallet would be smaller so you wouldnt have to worry about sitting down and getting that uncomfortable feeling in your butt cheek. and you'd have the cool bov sound (not gonna lie, i really wish i had that). your right his reasoning for not building it is right. who would spend $5,000 to get 240whp out of their stock duratec when they could spend $4,000?

theres no reason to say bad things about a competitors product to make yourself look good. all tom had to say was that his kit would have cost too much to produce. very simple. but saying the other kits are of lower quality is just bs.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
And your vast experience equals what the kit on your car that you bought ? Just how many cars have you switched from suck through to blowthrough so you could make a statement by facts vs my friends ,uncle`s, cousins , girlfriends , brother said suck through works better

You have said a whole lot of nothing with less to back it up , all I hear is you can upgrade , sure you can, is that free or you have to pay fs more for that and then when your done getting it to where most take turbo kits on there focus you end up with more $$$$ in fs pocket where with kits I made hade it all in there as well as proper size piping , 2.5 down pipes , external waste gate , blowthrough MAF , MAF ia , proper size injectors to make what the turbo is able to make , its called a proper built kit and that = QUALITY

I never said any one has had any issues with the fs kit or did i even mention the fs kit in my answer

Its like why did you buy a KIA it cost less but would do the same job get you from point A to point B but you opted for a car that had what you needed and what your goals were same with turbo kits but your kit is = to a KIA

Tom
i havent switched any cars, but i know a lot of people who wish they had suck through instead of blow through. just my personal experience. and yeah you can upgrade when you first buy the kit. get a bigger turbo, different diverter valve, bigger injectors. and that would add about $500 to the price of the kit. woo hoo. and as long as you have the kit the tuning is free so whatever new i buy they tune for it. and the piping that comes with the kit is good up past 350whp. and it has a 2.5" downpipe.

and everyone knows when you talk about duratec turbos being available, the main one is the focussport kit. considering only like one person has the f2 one so far.

i gotta admit the whole "your kit is = to a KIA" was pretty funny. really [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]** up and not true but still funny

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Anyone that sais they would rather have suckthrough vs blowthrough is an idiot and does not have a clue what there talking about or how to tune

If you have the fs kit and you like it thats all that matters

Tom

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
well maybe. ive just heard from tuners as well as enthusiasts that suck through is better (easier) for tuning and just in general.

and yeah youre right. i have it and like it.

im not trying to be a dick to you Tom. i just don't think saying bad things about other company's kits is justified. even if i didnt have the kit i would defend it.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The FS turbo is great for what it is.
If you want around 250whp with an excellent power band then it's perfect for you.
The FS guys did a fantastic job matching the turbo to the duratec for the 250whp range.

Now when getting into the bigger turbo, external wastegate and blow-through MAF I'd personally like to see another kit on the market.
Tom I feel you should go ahead and make your kit available for those looking to crank up the boost.

I have an unbiased opinion for what it's worth.
I don't run an FS turbo kit. I fabricated my own and learned a lot in the process.
Some things I'm changing are moving to a bigger turbo and possibly external wastegate.

·
Registered
656 Posts
For my stock Duratec that will never be pushed past 11psi the FocusSport kit fit the bill perfect.
Sounds like your trying to compare a FS kit that is resonably priced quality kit was designed to be run on a stock motor to one that doesn't even exist would cost more money to purchase and just be a waste of money on a stock motor runing 11psi.Just doesn't seem like an apples to apples comparison to me.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
well maybe. ive just heard from tuners as well as enthusiasts that suck through is better (easier) for tuning and just in general.

im not trying to be a dick to you Tom. i just don't think saying bad things about other company's kits is justified. even if i didnt have the kit i would defend it.

Easier does not = Better.

Just because the tuner doesn't want to mess with the difficulties of tuning a Blow-Thru MAF he lies to the customer saying a Suck through is better?

Blow Thru- Accrate IAT's, Does not dump metered Air, Less of a chance of getting Water on MAF

Suck Thru-Easy....thats it.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts

Just because the tuner doesn't want to mess with the difficulties of tuning a Blow-Thru MAF he lies to the customer saying a Suck through is better?

Blow Thru- Accrate IAT's, Does not dump metered Air, Less of a chance of getting Water on MAF

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
damn 3 post lol so the fs kit doesnt come with a bov?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.