Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now officially moved up the boost for my car. Last time I posted here I was making around 260 whp at 10psi. Now we are making around 300 at 13 psi. The car is running the smoothest it has ever been and it just keeps getting more enjoyable to drive around! Tom has done incredible job with the tuning aspect of this car! I have attached a picture of the dyno sheets between two of my last runs. Unfortunately, everyone's hands were too busy to get a video of the runs. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Your sure getting up there in power, congrats! What do you think the stock rotating assembly will safely hold?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Which parts that weren't included in the kit did you buy? List?

·
FF Affiliate
30,671 Posts
that boost sure starts to come alive around 3500, bet you enjoy feeling that on the road :)
It does come on nice doesnt it , and thats only 13psi , his Turbo will go to 22psi easily , I think 10psi more would be over 400whp same Turbo but built engine , very pleased

Tom

·
Focalize!!!
3,892 Posts
Very impressive! And interesting to see the HP to TQ is different than an ST. How much power do you think you can squeeze out of it before you may have issues?

·
FF Affiliate
30,671 Posts
Thanks , Your correct the ST makes its best TQ below the useable RPM range of the engine meaning 4300 to 7200 is the useable RPM range once you leave 1st gear and shift your 4300 RPM so everything below 4300 on the dyno is useless , I designed The Turbo manifold and my DIY Turbo kit to work from 3500 on and it does just that on the TQ and the HP

Tom

·
So mote be it
8,905 Posts
Very impressive! And interesting to see the HP to TQ is different than an ST. How much power do you think you can squeeze out of it before you may have issues?
the stock turbo on the ST is designed for the low/midrange, comes on fast and hard and then falls off on the upper RPMs. Fun to drive but with full bolt ons and an e30 tune, the tq easily overwhelms your tires. This is much more linear on hp/tq, ST's with turbo upgrades tend to look more like this.

On the ST with a turbo upgrade, you can live at 400whp/tq and not break things (need more fuel above 350 though.) Go above 450 and then you will have longevity issues (some might be cautious and say the same about 400 ;) .) Curious to see how far these engines can go and when Tom will push them more :)

·
FF Affiliate
30,671 Posts
I dont know is we will push it more with out going to a built engine , 300 is pretty impressive on the stock 12.2 Compression engine

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,671 Posts
I have built one , I have a 2013 MK3 that I used a 2.5 Fusion Block and crank , Custom Pistons and Rods , I ported the 2.0 GDI head , I did a build and posted the pictures of it here on the Forum

I would love to go some more and see where the limit it , I am hoping when he has the built engine ready to go in that we can go to 350 and see what it will hold

Tom

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have built one , I have a 2013 MK3 that I used a 2.5 Fusion Block and crank , Custom Pistons and Rods , I ported the 2.0 GDI head , I did a build and posted the pictures of it here on the Forum

I would love to go some more and see where the limit it , I am hoping when he has the built engine ready to go in that we can go to 350 and see what it will hold

Tom
Wow this is just the diy turbo kit and hes making a good amount of power now I'm just excited to see what the full kit with every na mod on the focus will make.

·
FF Affiliate
30,671 Posts
i would like to see, where in the forum is it?

Link to the 2.5 Build

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,671 Posts
The full
Wow this is just the diy turbo kit and hes making a good amount of power now I'm just excited to see what the full kit with every na mod on the focus will make.
The Full Turbo kit I sell is more for the DCT/ Auto Trans , knowing the DCT cannot take the TQ because of the clutches the MK3 Full Turbo kit makes much less WHP/WTQ then my MK3 DIY Turbo kit

Tom

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have now officially moved up the boost for my car. Last time I posted here I was making around 260 whp at 10psi. Now we are making around 300 at 13 psi. The car is running the smoothest it has ever been and it just keeps getting more enjoyable to drive around! Tom has done incredible job with the tuning aspect of this car! I have attached a picture of the dyno sheets between two of my last runs. Unfortunately, everyone's hands were too busy to get a video of the runs. :(
What year focus do you have and is it manual or automatic?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts