Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy ur turbo in the near future (tom's) and i was wondering what other mods i could do to it while i wait. I figured no headers but could i put and intake, exhaust and and all the other bolt ons? I was also looking at cams and wondering how much of an effect they had on the kit. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
380 Posts
high flow cat may help.. but ask tom first. after the turbo, you could do internal upgrades, i would start w/ the tranny, get a new diff and clutch. axles are good to 300hp from what everyone says. a 65mm tb but that may be usless untill you pass 300hp. also a suspension would be a good idea, im sure your gonna go fast and you'll want to handle it, and bigger front brakes maybe..
thats what i would do

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would get UDP, TB, exhaust, supension and forged rods and pistons before the turbo, but you should ask Tom what he thinks. I hope to get a kit from Tom in the next few years.....

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'd go 2.5 or 3.0 exhaust, flex pipe, limited slip diff, trannie upgrade, intake, tb. I wouldn't bother doing a UDP. It would only free up 2-3 hp and takes the daily drivability out of your car. If you're running a turbo, it wouldn't make a difference anyway. Big brake kit, too.

·
FF Affiliate
30,884 Posts
65MM TB , 3 Inch Exh , Cam gears , Thats about all you realy need with my kit ,A clutch and LSD will be needed is you up the boost more

Tom

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tom, you don't suggest an aftermarket intake manifold or cams? Or even rods/pistions?

I'm thinking you might say that these things are good but not nessesary. But I am curious about head/manifold porting. I know a guy that can give me a break on the labour here so I was curious as to how much I could do (as in how much to bore, etc)

I'm still kind of a newbie so don't mind my inexperience.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i am pretty sure toms kit comes with a new manifold, but i have the same question about cams. tom says cam gears are a good idea but would cams have a big difference? also a question for tom, if u get the lsd, clutch, cam gears w/ new cams what could u run on the turbo?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts