Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what all is included in the vct eliminator kit and what is the cost? will i need to purchase adjustable cam gears seperate? and approx time for install for an experienced mechanic.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
For 100.00 you get the VCT Elim , you will need to then get a set of Adj Cam gears

When you go to install you will need to cut the Cam bolt .550 then install VCT Elim and cam gears , when installed the Int Cam needs to be roughly 15 to 20 Deg Adv

An experienced mechanic should be able to do the job in about 1.5 Hrs easy then you will need to dyno to aadj the gears

Tom

·
Registered
750 Posts
Say if i wanted to install the svt head on my zetec, I could purchase the vct elim kit, install the adj gears and pretty much be good to go? The head has been ported and polished along with some new valve seals. I have a 4-2-1 race header, steeda exhaust, aem short ram intake, udp, msd dis 2, screamen deamen and some live wires (wich are not worth the money). With svt head on my car and a tune, would the stock svt 30lb injectors be good for the setup? I also have most of the parts for the intake swap, should i just do that too?

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
Jborden said:
Say if i wanted to install the svt head on my zetec, I could purchase the vct elim kit, install the adj gears and pretty much be good to go? The head has been ported and polished along with some new valve seals. I have a 4-2-1 race header, steeda exhaust, aem short ram intake, udp, msd dis 2, screamen deamen and some live wires (wich are not worth the money). With svt head on my car and a tune, would the stock svt 30lb injectors be good for the setup? I also have most of the parts for the intake swap, should i just do that too?
Unless you raised the compression to over 10.2 then it wouldnt make any more power then the FR head in the Zetec

Just installing the SVT on the Zetec does not make any more power

Tom

·
Registered
750 Posts
It should add more power though because it would raise compression a little, but probly not to the 10.2. Also the svt cams are huge compared to the stock zetecs, so along with the more agressive cams and some cam timing, it should add some power. I also thought with the increased air flow and cams, I could also dump more fuel into the motor. What should I do about the 30lb injectors.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
the short block of the SVT and the ZX3 are about the same slight Diff in compression so where do you think you will get the power from at best (with equal compression) you will only see the same HP as the SVT what good would all that work be to end up there

Tom

·
Registered
750 Posts
I havent checked how much I could have milled of the head yet. Off hand do you know how much I could go with the stock zetec piston. I just want this done for this year. I have another svt block that i am going to build up. Im not going to use the svt rods or pistons after reading another thread on them. I jsut cant afford rods and pistons right now. The svt head has smaller cumbustion chambers, how much will that affect compression and how do i have to mill to get it back to 10.2-10.5? What would you do? What do you think I should do about the intake I have too?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I dont understand the explination though. If I already have the svt head and can install the sth vct delete kit, why not? The head flows very well, it has bigger valves, batter springs, it can be reworked for free and it has bigger cams. After the vct delete kit is installed, what would be the difference between the FR head and the svt. Im not trying to argue with you, Im just trying to understand why spending all that extra money on the FR head is worth it. I also like to learn new things and this is one subject i dont fully inderstand yet.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
The intake side does flow better but the Exh does not it flows about the same as the ZX3 does

Yes the SVT cams are bigger there still made with emmissions in mind

You basicly have a SVT with slightly lower compression why would you expect it to make any more power then a stock SVT

Ask away this isnt an argument

Tom

·
Registered
750 Posts
Im expecting to make more power than my reg zetec that i have in my car right now. What if i had the head machined for the 30mm exhaust vavles? What are the svt cams compariable to? Or where can I find the actual specs for them?

·
Registered
91 Posts
The cams in the svt are close to the same as FR stage 3s. From what I measured, the exhaust has the same-.39" of lift, and the intake is only slightly higher at .43". (ford racing stage 3s .39" intake and exhaust) The SVT intake valve is 1mm bigger than the stock zetec head and the exhaust is the same. The SVT uses a different angle to the head for some reason, so the intake and exhaust valves are longer than a Zetec. The SVT head on a Zetec will raise the compression, but probably not enough to gain a whole lot. Save for the FR head and a good set of cams. It'll be worth it in the long run(especially if you shave the FR head a little to raise the compression)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts