Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s an update on Tom’s DIY Turbo Kit.

I put the kit on around 75,000 Miles and I am now at 100,200 and the car is still running extremely well with no issues. It is still extremely fun to drive! We ran into a little fueling issue problem but I did an ST fuel pump swap and should be running some data logs soon to see if it fixed the problem. The rev limiter is set to around 5500. If this fuel pump swap helps should be able to move it back to 7000. Will keep you guys updated
So far, 10/10 on the turbo kit would recommend anyone with cocky ST guys in your neighborhood ;)

Race Red 2014 Focus SE
5 sp Manual Transmission
FSWerks Stealth Exhaust
Tom’s DIY Turbo Kit
Rear Sway Bar
Lowered

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Around 265 whp
At the moment this is my daily I plan on putting it on the lift soon though like 1 month, I have so many ideas but I am also going through a project now. I really want to do the st swap but I also like the n/a way. Question is how does that 265 feel? I daily but every now and then I like to play. Original purchase of the vehicle was for “ family 4 door sedan car” but I’ve did lots of research on this so it will be the family no longer late to things car lol joking but I hope you know what I mean.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the moment this is my daily I plan on putting it on the lift soon though like 1 month, I have so many ideas but I am also going through a project now. I really want to do the st swap but I also like the n/a way. Question is how does that 265 feel? I daily but every now and then I like to play. Original purchase of the vehicle was for “ family 4 door sedan car” but I’ve did lots of research on this so it will be the family no longer late to things car lol joking but I hope you know what I mean.
It feels really good and pulls all the way through. I daily drive mine as well and travel to and from college a couple weekends a month (3 hours). I get better gas mileage than I did without it. I believe the engine for the ST swap is about $6,000. I have gapped a few STs with just this turbo. My engine is not built. Highly recommended. Tom helps a lot with everything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah I’ve done research on all his stuff and can’t say anything bad at all. If I go that way def will use him

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you have a sedan I'm pretty sure the ST swap is a little more difficult than a hatch (wiring/computer differences maybe) the way I see it cost/work ratio actually seems less with a turbo on the NA motor vs swap.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,343 Posts
There is a little more power up top and with adding another 2 psi boost , I have my Turbocharged MK3 2.5 Engine on the dyno this week and with outside help we have added some new parameters that I cant get SCT to help with and making some good progress now so as soon as I can get FocusFreak127 back on the Dyno we will be able to go to 7200 now , will know better this week

Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here’s an update on Tom’s DIY Turbo Kit.

I put the kit on around 75,000 Miles and I am now at 100,200 and the car is still running extremely well with no issues. It is still extremely fun to drive! We ran into a little fueling issue problem but I did an ST fuel pump swap and should be running some data logs soon to see if it fixed the problem. The rev limiter is set to around 5500. If this fuel pump swap helps should be able to move it back to 7000. Will keep you guys updated
So far, 10/10 on the turbo kit would recommend anyone with cocky ST guys in your neighborhood ;)

Race Red 2014 Focus SE
5 sp Manual Transmission
FSWerks Stealth Exhaust
Tom’s DIY Turbo Kit
Rear Sway Bar
Lowered
What body kit do you have? I haven't really seen any I've liked and yours compliments the car nicely.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If you want some punch added. The 2.5NA block fits under the 2.0GDI head.😉

1 - 20 of 29 Posts