Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tom,
I was involved in a fender bender on the highway 4 months ago. The body shop i took my car too took the exhaust manifold (The one that comes with your kit) and sent it to you. Apperantly the exhaust manifold was cracked and you said you didnt have any replacements, nor did you have the new ones you are getting made in yet. Therefore you apperantly repaired it. Now its been about 2 weeks since the body shop said you shipped it back and that it still hasnt come in. This is putting me in a SERIOUS bind here man, i havent had a car at all in over 4 months now and the only thing they are waiting for is this exhaust manifold. The body shop is Carl's Body shop up here in Dayton, Ohio. Does any of this sound familiar? Do you have any idea where my manifold is at? They've apperantly called down there a few times trying to get a tracking number or something so they can figure out whats going on. Any info would be helpfull here.

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Tom, does the USPS have tracking system? If so is there any way I, or the shop could get a tracking number. The insurance company is threatening to just write a check for a stock manifold and labor and just dumping me with a unfinished car here very soon.

Thanks again
Rob

·
FF Affiliate
30,878 Posts
USPS does not have a tracking system but they did find it and it is on its way back to me from Spartenburg SC it should be here by Mon , I will ship it UPS this time

Tom

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Tom I havent heard from the shop but I just wanted to check in and make sure it got out on monday and if so if I could get the tracking number in a PM.

Thanks alot chief
-Rob

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump for tracking number?

I just want to check in and double check that USPS sent you the part back and everything got sent back out again.

Thanks alot Tom

-Rob

·
FF Affiliate
30,878 Posts
Tom isnt ignoring him , I just got it back today and shipped it next day air , there wasent an update to tell him other then keep saying that it didnt come in yet and i already said that

Tom

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
USPS does have a traking number system. but it is not as efficient as the fedex nor UPS. they will tell you when it arives and when it leaves.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know you are getting out of the turbo kit business, but there was mention of you getting some new cast iron manifolds in. Are you still planning on that? Id prolly like to buy a replacement for this patched one eventually.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts