Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom,

I recently had IC pipes made for my FMIC (used with your Stg1 kit) and they were done in a rush on a late friday. Plain and simple, they're ugly. There is a new shop that opened here (well, relocated) and they specialize in Subarus and EVO's and they can make custom IC pipes and Exhausts. If I get new IC pipes made, but keep the MAF clocked the same, do I need to get it tuned again? I'd like to avoid more tuning becuase its a lot of money I just cant shell out at this time.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blow through MAF

Ray tuned the car recently when it was over 100 degrees (103 in the dyno room).

What would have to change? Im keeping the piping 2.5", but the maf will remain 3". Really, the only thing that'll change is polished piping instead of steel, and the IC to TB pipe will run more where the battery is...theoretically, only the angle/ slope of the MAF will change but it'll be clocked the same.

If it needs a tune again, then I wont mess with it, but I really hate how my pipes look....

·
FF Affiliate
31,181 Posts
Blow through is VERY touchy any change in the piping may or may not make a BIG change in most cases makes a change

Blow through is by far the way to go so dont even think about changing it , I loved what was said here

"Try to stick with the draw through MAF, and fine tune it. I believe you will have more success...

Blowing through the MAF causes too many problems, and is not recommended by many software companies...inlcuding SCT.

-Oscar Jr.
The only problem blowthrough causes is many tuners dont know how to get them to work or cant at all so they say it isnt the way to go

It amaZes me someone like Oscar jr would say something like this and has never tryed tuning a blowthrough on a Focus , sounds like something another west coast tuner would say , If you dont understand it dont use it BSSSSSSSSSSS ! ! ! !

Count on a tune

Tom

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im already tuned though....this is Mike1's old kit, had your base tune, then I went to ray and got the stg1 tune, then went back a while after and got the tune for my FMIC. All Im doing is changing the pipe that goes from the IC to TB. I want it to be up higher instead of under the battery. Thats all thats being changed...

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That blows...I'll just leave it alone then...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts