Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have got all you said to get for the jrsc but i am just making sure that 10 psi will be safe on a first time boosted engine?? i might be doing may be a little more not sure cause i have a 3.0 size pully (stock ztech pulley on a svt jrsc) do you know how much boost a 3.0 size pulley even does on a svt jrsc? i know the svt bbk kit uses a 3.1 size pulley but would that .1 make a differnence? it would help me out a lot to clear this up cause i really dont want to blow up this engine, but want to get as much boost as possible but to still be safe....
ps if the 3.0 pulley is too much where can i find just a pulley out of the bbk for the svt?

thanks alot

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
Squeezing out as much performance as possible just doesn't equal playing it safe. It's one or the other. Additionally, I wouldn't do anything more than the ford racing BBK on the JRSC (which is what I'm running) due to it not being intercooled.

The JRSC is about as tame and safe as boost goes. If that's not what your goals are, perhaps you should have listened to Tom (cause I know he had to have said it to you, bless him), to go turbo and be done with it. Reliable, scalable power.

PS--it's "ZETEC". At least know how to spell the engine that you're modifying. Sheesh.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i want to run the bbk but all i have is the 3.0 pulley and all it is is .1 off so i wouldnt think that .1 would do a difference or will it? and if i could find a place where i could just buy the svt bb pulley with out everything else then i would just get that but i havent found it any where. so i guess i will have to work with the difference of .1 but i want to make sure if its safe... i will be doing water/methanol injection about three months from now cause i just have to get some money for it. i just wish i knew what boost psi i will be running and if its safe

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
I don't blame you for not wanting to spend more money that you have to. This stuff gets expensive quick.

I'm not an expert by any means, but if the size difference between the two pulleys really is only .1", then I don't even think you'd need a different sized belt, let alone have any noticeable difference in boost.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o thanks for reminding me what size is the bbk belt for the svt any way?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts