Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Recently, my DSI system was going nutty. I thought for sure you turned it off for turbo cars due to the seals coming apart internally in the intake manifold (Ray tuned it, but its a modified version of your base file). My clip broke (after 3 years) and the cable just goes in and out constantly. I could stop it by grabbing it and forcing it to stop, or I just unplugged the DSI box. Both throw a DSI failure code (IMRC Stuck Open I think). If it was turned off, why is it acting "active"? How can I make it be un-active if it is turned on. I need to make the CEL go away because I'll fail emmisions when they plug me in.

2) Now that the weather is colder, my AFR is in the 12's. Its been in the 50's and 60's at night. Should I be worried? It feels fine, but sometimes Ive seen 13's and I back off til I asked you. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Russ

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
If you have the ProRacer you can go in and turn off the DSI, I cant remember exactly where it is.. but when you find it just change it from 1 to 0.

I prefer a AFR of around 11.8:1

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
If you have the stock SVT intake you should be running the DSI system as it was stock other then at what RPM it gets turned on , I wouldnt of turned it off because it kills power to to that

You need to either clean your MAF or get a change in the tune to add more fuel

Tom

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1turbofocus said:
If you have the stock SVT intake you should be running the DSI system as it was stock other then at what RPM it gets turned on , I wouldnt of turned it off because it kills power to to that

You need to either clean your MAF or get a change in the tune to add more fuel

Tom
I thought I read with a turbo you turn it off....am I mistaken??

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
But the ProRacer does not give you the ability to change the DSI switch over point.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...I have a predator...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Darth Focus said:
I thought I read with a turbo you turn it off....am I mistaken??
Mine is still operational. I agree with Tom, I would think that the 2stage runners would be of value on FI as well as NA,using flow & velocity to your advantage.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I would think that a boost referenced DSI would be best of all...when running part throttle on vacuum, your engine would be able to take advantage of the long runners for additional torque, but once a certain boost level is reached, the short runners would be advantageous...just thought of this, so I'm not sure the physics support this idea

1 - 10 of 10 Posts