Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,670 Posts
This is great. Adding 100whp seems like fun. Does he have the DCT?
This one is a 5sp Focus , He allowed me to drive it and it was a blast to drive , far better then driving an ST , where a ST falls off in TQ this one starts pulling like crazy all the way to 6000 rpm

Tom

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Would an ST swap actually count? Considering that technically the fastest SE would have to have the original 2.0L engine.
It counts, since the VIN states SE, we are not STs except powertrain, what matters to DMV and INS is VIN states SE on them

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
This one is a 5sp Focus , He allowed me to drive it and it was a blast to drive , far better then driving an ST , where a ST falls off in TQ this one starts pulling like crazy all the way to 6000 rpm

Tom
Not all STs fall off at 5500...

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Honestly kind of think that is bullshit it counts that way, but oh well.
My Sedan is an SE, except for drivetrain and seats, Dash and rest of car is SE, and I never claim to be an ST ... if you put a Shelby engine in a Mustang, is it a Shelby? Of course not...

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
My NAS-T looks like an ST front to back and Interior, but is it an ST? Its got an NA powerplant... the car is 3/4 ST shell, and reclipped with an NA clip.. so its titled as an SE, but it was a 14 ST3... but still not an ST

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Now Scrappy is a titled 2014 ST3, was totalled and rebuilt, however the drivetrain is an NA DCT, but since title say ST, guess what, it's an ST

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
206 Posts
So from what I can tell at this stage is that there is a kit that can produce close to 300bhp crank (using the 15% guess rule) with 10psi boost.

This is impressive as I used to have to put at least 25-30psi through my previous 1.8t audi engine when I was living in Europe. Granted, a lower compression ratio and not direct injection.

Anyway, this is tempting as in the country I live now Ford do not offer the ST for sale. They only offered the 2.0 NA and 1.5 Ecoboost. I don't think a 1.5 Ecoboost would be able to produce these numbers even with a tune.

Only issue for me is the fact I have DCT, and guess what, where I live Ford never sold the manual gearbox.

I'm worried the DCT clutches will slip.

·
FF Affiliate
30,670 Posts
For the DCT the MK3 Full kit I sell would be best , it makes less HP/TQ per psi but still give you good added performance and some of my DCT Customers are at 11psi

Tom

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tom,

Probably a dumb question but I've been lurking and debating to get your kit for my NA 6 speed auto SE. Do you think it would work as effectively as a 6 speed? Or would these kinds of numbers only be reachable with a manual. Again, probably a dumb question.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Yes, the VIN number can say whatever it wants but the compression the engine is putting out can easily impact the amount of boost it is capable of handling. The ST engine 9:3:1 compression can hold more boost with its fuel pump, however the SE 12:1 compression can only take so much boost. With mine being the 12:1 compression NOT 9:3:1 it is a TRUE SE

·
FF Affiliate
30,670 Posts
The problem is we dont know the limits of the DCT , The MK3 Full Turbo Kit is working good on the DCT at 11psi but its a smaller Turbo so it doesnt make as much HP / TQ to the wheels

Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
where is the fault in the dct for this kit? and what are necessary upgrades to push a little over stock st numbers with a dct? and is there possibly a performance clutchpack that I could buy for a dct to handle that powerload? I heard that the clutch starts slipping post 200 wheel torque

·
FF Affiliate
30,670 Posts
where is the fault in the dct for this kit? and what are necessary upgrades to push a little over stock st numbers with a dct? and is there possibly a performance clutchpack that I could buy for a dct to handle that powerload? I heard that the clutch starts slipping post 200 wheel torque
We dont know where the DCT limits are , we dont know where the DCT starts slipping , The MK3 Full kit doesnt make the power of the MK3 DIY Kit and we have people at 11psi which is in the 200 TQ range for a couple years with no issues

Tom

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
41 - 60 of 80 Posts