Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are both of these sold in sets of 2?

::Edit 2 minutes later:: i think this was a dumb question considering both images have 2 of the product displayed in them....lol

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Mine are the schweeet looking Purples .

·
Registered
636 Posts
I got these 2 days ago and slapped them in today..the product is well made, one suggestion..put these pictures in the instructions not the one currently on there not that it matters too much as it is pretty self explanatory. When I bring it in for an alignment they are going to have to unbolt to make any modification, right? if thats the case you would think there's an easier way cause that is a pita.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I got these 2 days ago and slapped them in today..the product is well made, one suggestion..put these pictures in the instructions not the one currently on there not that it matters too much as it is pretty self explanatory. When I bring it in for an alignment they are going to have to unbolt to make any modification, right? if thats the case you would think there's an easier way cause that is a pita.

Your correct , when I got mine aligned the tech had to unbolt 1 of mine to get it set . But when I knew it was set and after driving on them for a few days I retorqued everything back down and put some thread lock on the bolt threads so nothing would move and I've had them on for over a year and no tire wear at all.

·
Registered
636 Posts
cool. I got one question...was the thread lock really necessary seeing as that end piece is bolted on? I can see of no way that it could possible move. I specifically told the guy 85lbs and Im gonna check it with my Tq wrench if it is not set right i will do nothing but piss and moan and set it myself! oh yea and Ill probably kick something that would end up hurting my foot.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
The thread lock probably wasn't neccesary but its just a habit that I've gotten into since at work we use it all the time on equipment.

·
Registered
636 Posts
where did you go to get them aligned? I went to pepboys, they have had my car in there for 2 freaking days and now they tell me that because the car is lowered they cant align properly...where the hell do they get these people?

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I went to a tire store and made sure they had the equipment to do proper 4 wheel alignments and also made sure they could do the alignment with the 18 inch rims I have too .
I went to 2 other places before I found the 1 that did the alignment . Just because they had insufficient equipment and couldn't do it with my big rims.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Slayer, were the 2 shops national chains or what? If so which ones? Was the one that finally did it independent or national shop? Will being doing soon after I get my adjustable stuff.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
The name of the shop is called Economy Tire and just so happens that they are an ICW Racing rim's dealer like I have on my Focus .

But I asked around and got them recommended from several people that their alignment technician was 1 of the best around here. I'm not sure if Economy tire is a nation wide chain or not .
When I took the stock arms off I laid them on the new arms and got them as close to the stock position before I put them back on , that way all the tech would have to do would be loosen the nut make the adjustment and tighten it back down .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts