Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or does the state hate us? I went and got new tires on my car yesterday and I was told I have three bent rims.

Evidently is comes from a pot hole I hit on the Interstate between Milton and Hurricane one night when it was raining and hit it really hard. Didn't think it did too much to the car but had noticed that the steering was a little messed up. So, I need the alignment and three new rims to get the steering right.

Anyone know of a place that I can get a set of 16" rims for a decent price and low shipping? I did look on the B/S/T and didn't find too much. I looked on tirerack.com and found a set but right now $475 is a little out of my price range.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Look around at a junk yard, you could get lucky. If not then now is your time to just go a head and buy some rims.

·
Salmontheotherpinkmt
4,043 Posts
Is it me or does the state hate us? I went and got new tires on my car yesterday and I was told I have three bent rims.

Evidently is comes from a pot hole I hit on the Interstate between Milton and Hurricane one night when it was raining and hit it really hard. Didn't think it did too much to the car but had noticed that the steering was a little messed up. So, I need the alignment and three new rims to get the steering right.

Anyone know of a place that I can get a set of 16" rims for a decent price and low shipping? I did look on the B/S/T and didn't find too much. I looked on tirerack.com and found a set but right now $475 is a little out of my price range.
Check the junk yards there are a few in Beckley WV. There use to be a big one going out toward Beaver WV also.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
It doesn't hate me[dunno] We've bent one wheel ever since we've had the car and that was on a mountain backroad with a really crappy patch-job.

You should be able to go to a junkyard and find some possibly. Did you look on eBay? I always see OEM wheels on there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess that is where I will be heading then. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll have to dig around for it, but I have a phone # for a place in Pa. I have been through a few wheels - aftermarket and factory - I called them for the factory replacements and paid like 45 a piece plus like $15 shipping. (16 in 5 spoke)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't realize the thread was still alive. I'm not on too much since the desktop's PSU went out. If I can find some really reasonable, I really need them and an alignment. But I can't so anything until taxes get there.

I hate not having a job.

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
i knwo this happend a while ago but my dad works for the state, if that pot hole is there still go to it and take a picture then go to your local state road detachment and file a complaint you'll get new rims and tires if the tires are busted..

note to WV drivers, keep camera at all times incase this happens , u WILL get new rims

1 - 10 of 10 Posts