Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About a month or two ago, I read a post by a gentleman who had got the Street Appearance Package parts for his [most likely '05] Liquid Grey Focus. I think it might have been on this forum [perhaps not], but after a lot of searching I can't seem to find the thread.

Anyways, I have a Liquid Grey '05 ZX5 and am interested in the SAP. It seems that putting the SAP on an '05 is quite uncommon (as opposed to buying an '06 with the package pre-installed) and there isn't a lot of knowledge floating around on it. If you're the one who made the original post (or if you're anyone who's done the upgrade) I've got a couple questions:

1. Are the standard SES fog lights compatible with the SAP? SAP lists its own fogs which have a different part number [3W3Z-15200-AB] but from rough visual inspection they're about the same size. Would stock fogs work?

2. Is the standard Ford blue oval grill badge compatible with the SAP? The photo that you posted showed your car without badge (so it would appear that the stock badge doesn't work) but I just wanted to confirm. I think the SAP badge is slightly smaller but it would seem sort of silly if the mounting mechanism (whatever that may be) wasn't standardised.

Here's one of the pictures that was posted originally [I've digitally added the Ford badge myself, sorry]. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
528 Posts
as far as I know, the ses fogs are not compatible because the whole thing is different, the fog lights itself are different, but I can't make a 100% confirm.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
not sure but they dont look the samesize to me... but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
How much does that whole kit cost?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The foglight bezels [black plastic surrounding bits] are of course different, but the round light fixtures themselves might be similar (I haven't measured them or seen how they're hooked up, or attached).

blkZX2005, I think the primed parts need to be purchased individually, and add up to around $1500 USD, without paint or installation.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
fiberglass? then that's a rip off.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks like nobody confirmed that they are different.

Well they are, the SAP fogs are actually bigger, a completely different model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts