Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, its true I went to the darkside... Only because I can't pass up a good deal. Picked up a 1984 1500 Silverado Diesel this morning, for a meer $500. :D Tonight was the first time I have officially ran my car at the track. My first pass was a 11.319 with a reaction time of .639. My second run was 11.599 with a reaction time of .352. My buddy in his 5.0 pulled me by .8 seconds. So, in my opinion, I think I made some pretty impressive pre-turbo passes.

Some rust, it will be an easy fix if I keep it.

Interior is great for it being old.

Non-turbo, but that can be changed lol

Sitting in the staging lanes surrounded by racing fuel and pure out drag cars.

Btw, I was the only 4 cylinder/tuner running.

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
sweet run times. and is that your project truck now?

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll most likely get it running good and start trading up.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
My brother had one similiar, and believe me, those things are definitely tanks.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
nice dude. and that chev is a nice gem. you can take those apart with a wrench! and get parts a dime a dozen online. i have an 86 chevy short box. fully re-done, the paint just needs another coat.... here's a pic

p.s sorry for the minor thread jack

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, that was 1/8th lol... And yes, so easy to take apart, driveshaft was in and out in sunder 1 minute.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That chevy 6.2 diesel is an awesome find. From what I've heard they don't produce much in the way of horsepower, but they have plenty of torque, and get great fuel economy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great find on the truck. Diesels will run forever if maintained properly. Great times at the track as well.![headbang]

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, not much hp but loads of tq... thats always good. I had smoke rolling this morning when we got it to start... Guess it hadn't been started in a while... Going to have to go buy another 100 dollar battery, i got one good one and the other one is to weak to start it without a jump.

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welp, I finally found my coolant leak... It wasn't a glow plug, or a bad seal... Its a 2 1/2-3 inch crack in the block. Grr, thats why the douche sold it so cheap. But, before I go drop some money on it. I'm going to drill a small hole on each end of the crack to prevent it from cracking further. I'll probably use 80 grit and clean the surface, and get some stuff called liquid steel... There's really no harm in trying this... If it works it works, if it fails it fails. I'll probably do this tomorrow morning after the work and cookout. (yes us nightshifters are having a cookout at 7 am) lol. I think I'm def going to keep this truck, I've fallen for it. haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts