Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Is it smart to swap the front seats in a sedan?

• Swap Them!

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Get Seat covers!

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • LEAVE THEM ALONE IDIOT!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 2 11.1%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here's a question specifically for the the my sedan brothers and sisters....Just for curiosities sake, but anyone feel free to add their opinions.....

Should I or should I not swap out the front seats for some type of custom seat (racing seat or otherwise?

Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
i know i am not a sedan owner...sorry...but IMO yeah why not...as long as its both fronts as one makes you look kinda like a wannabe racer...both tho is hot esp if you have back windows tinted and even if the logo or stitching color matched any custom int. paint. But please dont overdone goofy lookin ones, it ruins the ambiance..lol..

·
Registered
298 Posts
I would say consider the new ST seats that are in the 05+ models. Leather and Seude with red stitching, powered, and heated... cant go wrong there?

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
The regular SES seats look better to me, the grey with dark grey stitching. I didn't like the red, as I hate that color.

·
Registered
64 Posts
IMO, the front and back seats should be able to match. So you might want to consider just changing the fabric on the seats (or maybe just the back one if you do get new seats). It'll probably be really expensive, but seat covers are just shitty looking--I have them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow I'm getting even thoughts here on both sides...anyone been to a lot of car shows or entered their car in a show? Do judges make a big deal about seats when judging the interior? Do custom seats make a difference? Cuz if not I'm not gonna waste the money if the judges don't care.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My suggestion.. if your car is turboed.. get the racing seats.. If not or its not built for speed then don't. Its a waste of money for looks. If anything I would just swap in some leather seats. Mine came stock and I love the look. If I were to get performance.. thats the only time I would have a need for racing seats... if I was that desperate for weight reduction. Plus they flow better in the 2 door hatches than the sedans. My own .02 cents

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I completely agree with you...although I think leather would cost a little much to replace both the front and back seats....I was just trying to look at it from an entering in car show perspective...it always seems to be the ones that look all ricey and have custom EVERYTHING that have the trophies in front of them...unfortunately

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I say OTHER... why, because I would like my theory tested!

I know I have an obsession with Mazda 3's, but this is serious, their seets look similar... try swapping those in. Mazda also uses removable covers, so you couls slip those on over your seats. if you want the whole seat I'm sure they fit perfectly

I think the back seat would fit too, just byy look at at it.

My dream is to put a Mazda3 lip spoiler on my trunk, and Mazda3 seats in the front and back.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Karniv04 said:
I would say consider the new ST seats that are in the 05+ models. Leather and Seude with red stitching, powered, and heated... cant go wrong there?
actually the red stitching is only on the cloth ST seats. Leather is kinda grey/bluegrey suede, and I don't believe they are powered - only heated. My cloth ST seats are manual adjust. How about SVT seats? They're black leather with blue (cloth?) inserts and are very sporty, but would still look OEM and extremely classy in your car. Not sure about their back seats though... May or may not work. Also the SVT Recaro leather seats are gorgeous, and would keep the black/black front/back consistent - would be more expensive than standard SVT seats tho

·
Registered
649 Posts
^^^ wait a minute, just noticed you have grey interior. SVT blue would match your interior trim, but the black would look goofy in an all-grey int. Stick with stock, unless you can find grey custom seats that you really like.

sorry to double-post! [paranoid]

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll definitely take a look at the mazda 3 and check out colors and stuff and see if they would fit and look good...thanks for the input

1 - 14 of 14 Posts