Votes: 5 83.3%
  • trade it

Votes: 1 16.7%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just looking to get some feed back, mostly from recent car buyers if they traded. i have a 04 SVTF of course and i have been on both intellichoice and kbb to see on trade in prices and sell prices. so what do you think would be the best bet? also i'm looking at buying the ford fusion SEL V6, not sure if that will make a difference on the trade. thanks

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I would check to see if ford offers any owner loyalty rebates ,other than that your going to get more money if you sell it yourself.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
yes you will always get more if you sell it as a private owner. it'll probably break your heart when you trade your car in for $6k and then see it on the lot the next day for $13k.

how come you're getting rid of it? growing family? since you're getting the newer and bigger car. i'd keep the svt if you could afford it or have the space for it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
car

orangeSVTguy, getting rid of it due to i am tired of stick, and a couple more. the stop lights keep getting closer and the drives after walking 3+miles a night at work i am tired when i go home, plus my oldest daughter is 16 and is going to need a car to drive so the fusion or my wife's durango will go to her. i am looking at a 05 YZF600 for back and forth to work. i will miss it if i do get a fair amount for it, either way i will still be looking for a bike or cheap used car.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
if you are tired of chenging gears... a bike probably isn't the best daily driver... especially a 6 speed one

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
SELL!!! Never trade a car if you can help it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I had an '04 GTO with 12K mi. The most I could get a dealer to give me was $18K even though they're were several around town with more miles going for $23-25K. $18K was enough to get me out from under the loan but it wouldn't leave me any money to put towards another car. My step-dad,who actually got the loan, finally took it back to the dealer we got it from and they gave him $17K on the trade so he took a $1000 loss. It was dumb.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Giving up an SVT Focus for a Fusion. I'll never understand it no matter what the reasoning, lol, sorry. Man I've been seeing a lot of those Fusions around town, (old people) and they are hideous!! (The car, not the old people, lol.)

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
i love the way the fusion looks personally, and if i were in his shoes with a growing family and what not i can see why he is making this decision

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sale or trade

thanks for all the votes and input. it's not an easy decision nor is it final. if i can't get a decent price i will keep it and for logan175 it does not have the EAP. you guys can look in my signature to see the mods, car has been very well taken care of and has only a little over 18500 in miles. well will see what happens in about a month and will kepp you posted. thanks again[thumb]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts