Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is your opinion on painting the front lip? and if you have pics of the difference

I like the lip unpainted on the euro package colors but i my car is silver and it just looks like there is no lip there when on blacktop like they forgot the front to match the sides and back

thanks

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I've seen one on a silver SVT with it painted, I honestly thought it looked kinda cheap. But thats because it's hard to paint it since it's plastic. I would just leave it like it is, black.

·
Registered
814 Posts
the biggest problem i would see is it would get scraped pretty easy (as it does now for me) and would look even cheaper with chips/scrapes out of the paint job.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an SVT front bumper on my SE and I had my lip painted by a Ford dealership. It looked great until 3 months later. Now the paint in flaking off. They said they will paint it again for free and that this sometimes happens on these lip pieces. I might just strip the rest off and leave it black. Basically, I just wanted to let you know that this could happen to you like it did to me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i think you should if you want to see what it looks like check out " focusrszts " hes got it done on a silver svt and it looks very nice

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Moved to ”Exterior Body & Lighting Chat”

Mines already scraped pretty good, but a little Meguiars Rubber Bumper Treatment cleans it right up.
I can't imagine how bad it would look if it were painted though. [:(]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts