Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is on the verge of destruction AGAIN and I'm to the point where I flat out don't want it anymore. It's a damn money pit and I'm not wasting anymore on it. So on to what I want to address..
The Kbb value for my car is $12590. The exterior and interior are in excellent condition. It's just the motor is crap. So if I were to accidentally lose my car or total it, would my insurance give me that Kbb value or? Idk how that works really.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I think if you total a car "accidentally" on purpose it is called fraud.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Fix the damn motor and sell it then - posting your intent to submit a fraudulent insurance claim or police report on a public forum shows how intelligent you are... [scratch]

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Well, i HAVE thought about setting my car on fire as an mental exercise..LOL
(my old car, not my new one)
So i can sympathize with the op.
Also, problem is if you know of issues and sell the car to an unsuspecting person, You are still liable for fraud. If they wanted to after having issues, they could sue you and win.

Only trading it in, where the dealer has a standard of self inspection where you would be free of a legal issue. Or telling the buyer straight up the issues..

And no, trashing your car to grab the insurance usually does not work out.
Also, on issue about it: IF the Insurance Co found out, and they would, you would NEVER be able to get regular insurance again, anywhere ever.. You would be essentially blacklisted, for life.
And usually they do find out. suspicious stuff of any sort, even a tiny detail you would never think of, BOOM, the are on to you.
They have wierd statistical sources that pop up any sort of anomaly in the report.
Then many adjusters are also bloodhound types and can sniff a fraud right out of thin air..
So my advice is do not do it. Not for any moral reasons, just for your own benefit. [ohcrap]

For myself, same stuff in a way, just blowing $$$ over and over on the car.. but My Contour SVT engine was great, it was all sorts of other stuff finally pushed me over the edge. I sold my SVT for a third of it's value, and told the guy buying it what the issues are. I still feel a bit guilty. But if they spend the money to fix the stuff, it will still be a great car.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Looking back at your past problems ... my feeling is you deserve everything you've experienced with your car.

i JUST installed my header a couple days ago, can this be the cause? my car is still under warranty but the dealer won't even diagnose it until i switch back to the stock manifold.
the dealership tried to tell me 'you must've tapped it down some more while putting it back into the car, because this is how it was when we first saw it.' BULL$hit. i didnt even thread them down, i just placed them into the plug and set them down into the spark plug chamber. They are trying to make it seem like that spark plug gap was closing as well, so it would look like that spark plug was also showing signs of melting. shows you just how g shady dealers can be. they said if the inspector for the warranty place or whatever doesnt approve of the repairs, its gonna be $600 for the engine tear down.
You install a header with voids the warranty, so you remove the header to get warranty work diagnosed, then proceed to say dealers are 'shady'.
pot - kettle

You seem to talk about "gmr" and what I would consider beating on the car quite frequently ... there is someone who mentions your BSD kit is installed wrong ... I can't find if the damage from the munched spark plug was ever fixed ...

Basically the way I'm seeing it is you are trying to modify a car that is broken. When it doesn't perform as you want you try to 'scam' someone to pay for the repairs that you've made worse by continuing to drive the car (presumably for ~6 months now).

Maybe instead of not telling Ford what's done to the car, you should tell them so they can properly diagnose someone's F'up.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Omg everyone calm down I'm not gonna do anything fraudulent I was just extremely stressed out when I posted this so I took a nap to cool off sheesh. Touchy ppl. I do not know what my plan for the car is it will sit until I decide what my next step is. But MAN I just wanted to vent not get bashed.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Russ put everything back to stock. Does it smoke? Knock? Just trade it in. Do u owe anything on it?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No smoking no knocking just my idle issue and some weird pulley noise maybe. And yea I still owe on it. Maybe done in another 2 yrs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Fix the damn motor and sell it then - posting your intent to submit a fraudulent insurance claim or police report on a public forum shows how intelligent you are... [scratch]

yeah, i mean if you were going to do that don't tell us, because they WILL find this post if something happens to it now

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I didn't figure you where. I mean very few are that dumb ... then again you are from California, the land of legal Glaucoma cures, LOL.
It's just that most of the threads I could find, you're complaining about something. Cars know this and start to get depressed 'he doesn't love me any more'. If you post more about the good things the car does, assuming there are some things, the car might perk up and be nice for a while ... unless it's manic depressive. Then it's a lost cause. Just shoot it and put it out of it's misery (assisted automotive euthanasia is not a crime!).

But metal shavings you say.
That would really sound like Jet is onto something with the BSD being installed wrong. Actually, I'm sure he's right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts