Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hows it look? thinking about dropping it on hr springs[headbang] 1 1/2 drop anyone else think that would look good

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yea a drop is nice and handling is better... prepare for a stiff ride and stay away from potholes!

·
Registered
16 Posts
1. This should be in the Wheels, Tires, and Suspension Area.
2. IMHO a 1.5" drop is how low the Focus should have came from Ford. The Focus sits so much higher than many other cars in its class.
3. Roads are getting worse, doesn't mean you shouldn't lower your car. So if you leave your car at stock height you can just not worry about bad roads? Bad roads are going to affect your suspension if its stock or not.

Zetechatch, what is your goal with lowering? Is it looks, auto-x, DD mixed with twistey days? What is your budget?

There's a lot more to lowering a car then just throwing springs on it [thumb]

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
There's no question that H&R is good stuff but it does tend to be a little more aggressive than most, but some of that depends on the system/kit you get. You may also want to consider Ford Racing springs and shocks. You can get a complete set (springs/shocks) for about 300.00 delivered. "Many" FF members have them and very few have ever reported problems with them. In general, the lower you go the stiffer the springs should get to compensate for the reduced travel. Also remember that shorter stiffer springs require shorter firmer shocks. Don't cheap out on the latter as you will quickly regret it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
try a kit= spring's/damper's!

hows it look? thinking about dropping it on hr springs[headbang] 1 1/2 drop anyone else think that would look good
Don't forget strut's/shock's either. New spring's on old damper's are no good. If your going w/ H&R try their sport cup kit, or Eibach's sportline kit= these come w/ damper's & spring's

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the input guys ill look into ford springs as well but it doesnt say how much the drop it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and my intensions is a turbo build just to have fun with maybe some autocrossing but it is my dd

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have the FRPP kit on my g/f's '09 SES and to be honest with you, they're just BARELY stiffer than the originals. Perfectly suited for a daily driver, with a modest drop.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Downs Ford has frpp springs 1.5 drop for 137$ a set or full svt kit with springs(.5 lower) struts,shocks,and sway bar for 280$! I think it's thefordsource.com
Posted via FF Mobile

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
the FRPP setup really shoudve been a "sport" option from the factory. when I had mine it was pretty comfy

·
Registered
190 Posts
H&R developed the Sport Spring in response to the Eibach Pro-Kit and made it a little sportier (better handling as the cost of ride quality). I would say overall it's worth it but if you aren't looking for the handling improvement it can be quote a shock to have your ride change.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts