Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just a little confused... if you have MFT w/ navigation do you get the "Convenience" option in the center screen (4.2") and can you see the compass?

I found this info on Ford's website:

Convenience (if equipped) allows you to adjust compass features:
Display
Calibrate
Zone

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/touch/the-basics/using-the-center-lcd-display

Not sure if the navigation takes over that functionality?

Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would think MFT should have that function. I've experienced a compass mal-function so I'm sure we have it, even with nav. I have hill-holder too but for some reason that doesn't show up on the menu either.

·
Banned
571 Posts
I only get the compass display on the MFT, it's beside the time at the top of the display. You can adjust what kind of turn directions you get on the display in the instrument panel. I have mine set to display the next turn type and distance.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great. Thanks guys! With so much in this car I just wanted to make sure nothing was broken. :)

·
Registered
772 Posts
MFT w/Navigation, compass shows up in the green quadrant in the MFT display (does not show in message center LCD)
MFT w/o Navigation, compass shows up in message center LCD and has an option to turn on/off (does not show in MFT)

·
Registered
4 Posts
How to set zone and calibrate compass

Hello. I have just acquired a 2012 Ford Focus SEL with the driver info display, w/o navigation or touch. If you poke settings, convenience, compass, you have the option to display or not to display the compass heading. However, I cannot find anything anywhere about how to check/adjust the zone setting, or to calibrate the compass. I'm thinking it is buried in the sync settings somewhere, or maybe zone/cal is unnecessary (it's a computer, after all). Anyone have any insight on this? I just wanted to check the zone and possibly calibrate the compass for fun. I am going absolutely crazy trying to find these things out. The owner manual is not helpful, the dealership(s) are at a loss, the customer care folks don't seem to have a clue. help.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hello. I have just acquired a 2012 Ford Focus SEL with the driver info display, w/o navigation or touch. If you poke settings, convenience, compass, you have the option to display or not to display the compass heading. However, I cannot find anything anywhere about how to check/adjust the zone setting, or to calibrate the compass. I'm thinking it is buried in the sync settings somewhere, or maybe zone/cal is unnecessary (it's a computer, after all). Anyone have any insight on this? I just wanted to check the zone and possibly calibrate the compass for fun. I am going absolutely crazy trying to find these things out. The owner manual is not helpful, the dealership(s) are at a loss, the customer care folks don't seem to have a clue. help.
Some items are optional and may not appear. Just to clarify, have you tried holding down the OK button while in the compass menu?

Jaclyn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Jaclyn,
Yes, I've held down the OK button for many seconds, a minute, even. Nothing happens. Either the zone and calibrate functions are automatic, or they are a well hidden, closely guarded secret. Thank you for your reply. D

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
sxfield & kelscar -

I'm going to check with our engineering team on this one. I'll get back to you once I hear something. Stay tuned...

Jaclyn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you

Much obliged. I don't know for sure, but I feel that the new 2012 electronic compass sets its own zone and calibrates itself. Judging from the seeming lack of the zone and calibrate options, this could be one answer. d

·
Registered
76 Posts
MFT w/Navigation, compass shows up in the green quadrant in the MFT display (does not show in message center LCD)
MFT w/o Navigation, compass shows up in message center LCD and has an option to turn on/off (does not show in MFT)
The compass shows on both the navigation portion of the MFT screen and the bottom of the message center screen for those with navigation.

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Same here. I can't calibrate my compass. N is correct, but E or W are backwards. 2013 Titanium.
Hi Canadaloveshockey,

Is it showing like this: E - N- W? If so, this is normal of a Ball Compass and it's working as intended. If it is not showing that way, please let me know and we can troubleshoot further. :)

Rebecca

1 - 17 of 17 Posts