Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife just got her new 5 Door Titanium. Nice car and the stereo system with the 10 speakers is less suckish than most new cars.[:)~] However, as with all cars even with upgraded system the speakers are still cheap paper. Cannot find any mention of actual sizes of speakers anywhere. Assume the doors are 6.5 inch like other models and will probaly take the 2011 Fiesta Adapters as suggested. Does anyone know what the center channel speak size, subwoofer size, and the door tweeter sizes are. These stock ones have to go.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. I could be wrong but I didn't see anything in the manual about specific dimensions & there's nothing online.

·
Registered
519 Posts
There is nothing yet, but I remember a member here changed out his speakers. However, the stock speakers were actually pretty decent, and NOT just cheap paper. The upgrade didn't net better sound, iirc. I think tackling the amp and crossover points would yield better results initially.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Mysticbluebmw is right on all points.

The doors are 6.5" and the sub is an 8". As mentioned though, previous speaker swaps have had little to no improvement despite some being with higher end JL components. This thread should help out since there's been some discussion regarding various LOC options and their pro and cons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts