Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been meaning to post about this but kept forgetting until now. I have the FF Titanium so it has the keyless entry (...or whatever its really called) feature and I got the factory remote start option. Since the remote start was dealer install (and I didnt realized this before I ordered the car or else I probably would not have gotten the remote start) the remote start has a totally separate key fob. Does everyone else that has the Titanium with the factory remote start have two separate key fobs? I think its kind of annoying to have ordered the remote start from the factory and they give you two separate key fobs. Also, when I mentioned this to my dealer, he led me to believe that future cars with this setup will have everything on one key fob...

...would it be unreasonable to hope to get the single key fob when/if they start rolling out with them?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
So I've been meaning to post about this but kept forgetting until now. I have the FF Titanium so it has the keyless entry (...or whatever its really called) feature and I got the factory remote start option. Since the remote start was dealer install (and I didnt realized this before I ordered the car or else I probably would not have gotten the remote start) the remote start has a totally separate key fob. Does everyone else that has the Titanium with the factory remote start have two separate key fobs? I think its kind of annoying to have ordered the remote start from the factory and they give you two separate key fobs. Also, when I mentioned this to my dealer, he led me to believe that future cars with this setup will have everything on one key fob...

...would it be unreasonable to hope to get the single key fob when/if they start rolling out with them?
Yep, unfortunately that is the way it works. I hate having two as well. I was talking to another salesguy at my dealership (not the one that I bought my car from) who had ordered his own Focus the same week I ordered mine way back in June. He got the remote start option as well. I was picking mine up after install and he saw me and told me he finally got his car and asked if I wanted to take a look. His remote start was already installed so I asked him if he had two fobs and he did. I also asked if there was any way around it and he said no. Apparently the Focus has to be done this way (well, probably doesn't have to be done but this is how Ford did it). Some other Ford models can get the remote start integrated into the main fob but not Focus. He hadn't heard anything with regards to the liklihood that they will eventually offer an "all-in-one".

·
Registered
234 Posts
The Focus Electric will have the ability to be turned off or on via an iPhone/Android app and that capability is also available on all of the 2012 Hyundai vehicles that have their new "blue" sync equivalent.

Ford really needs to get with the program. Creating an app to remotely turn on the car through the Sync system should be trivial and probably something all vehicles will be able to do in the next several years.

·
Registered
781 Posts
you have to remember sync by itself does not have a cellular modem, it relies on your cell phone to call out to sync services for data. from what you said about the electric i'm guessing that vehicle includes a cell built into the car (similar to on-star). so expect an extra monthly bill for that service.

we'll see it in "all" cars when "all" people are willing to pay for the services. personally i don't need to turn on my vehicle from 3 blocks away for $120+ a year.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The electric might actually do it over wi-fi. The feature is designed so that you can pre-condition the car to operating temperature, etc, while it is still plugged in, maximizing battery life when it's hot or cold outside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts