Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to the forum,

My wife backed the driver seat over a water bottle and it broke the cable from the motor that goes forward and back and cracked the bracket that holds it, i found this part number DU5Z-14547-B, and was going to buy, but I can't figure out how the cable goes into the seat rail that actually slides,like does it slide in or had to be crimped its like a square shaped cable, has anyone had this problem or can shed some light on how to connect the cable from the motor to the seat rail.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had same problem, plastic cross pc. is very flimsy. Mine cracked and drive cable got chewed up. Took awhile but I figured it out. Put motor with short end in first the install long side cable by popping it out of the plastic support, bending it to fit into rail and motor, then snapping it back into the support channel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello guys, I know this thread is a little old but I am having a similar issue with my focus 2012 sel with power seats in the driver's side. Apparently, the AC thing that is directly underneath the seat got stuck with the cable that connects the motor and the right rail causing it to break. It is worth noting that the left rail still has power and causes it to rotate since the left side does not. Also, all the other motors (up/down) work fine as well. I am having trouble finding a replacement part to fix this issue. I saw a post of a guy who found the motor assembly for his ford fusion with this same problem, however for a focus I can't find such part. I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts