Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the hell is it? I can't find it in the manual? Manual says "see driving chapter for the location of the backup slot". I went thru it 3 times and looked in the car, and I don't get where it goes to program?

I'm a dork I'm sure. Help please..[rant]

·
Registered
146 Posts
Where the hell is it? I can't find it in the manual? Manual says "see driving chapter for the location of the backup slot". I went thru it 3 times and looked in the car, and I don't get where it goes to program?

I'm a dork I'm sure. Help please..[rant]
It's in the steering column on the right side where a normal key would go. There is a circular cap over it. You'll only need it if your key runs out of battery.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's in the steering column on the right side where a normal key would go. There is a circular cap over it. You'll only need it if your key runs out of battery.
And even then, you use the key to open the door as the auto unlock will not work. After gaining entry you only need to hold the FOB up to that plastic cover and push the start button. Owners manual says there will be enough power in the transmitter to start the vehicle.

·
Registered
146 Posts
And even then, you use the key to open the door as the auto unlock will not work. After gaining entry you only need to hold the FOB up to that plastic cover and push the start button. Owners manual says there will be enough power in the transmitter to start the vehicle.
Where do you use the key to open the door? I know there is key hidden in my fob, just not sure where it goes!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Where do you use the key to open the door? I know there is key hidden in my fob, just not sure where it goes!
? Err?

You have a key...and a door with a keyhole. You don't have any guesses?

As for if the fob runs out of battery: I'm pretty sure it works somewhat similarly to the way Wacom tablet pens work. There's some amount of inductive energy being output from the steering column in that area, so when you hold the fob up to it even if the battery is dead it will still function.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks

OK, I thought that might be where it goes. I'll try programming the "My Key" again held next to the cover in the column. I'll post back what happens.

Scott

Or do I have to pull the cover and insert the key?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts