Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I cant seem to find any picture of the cloth seats in the base titanium model. Would love to get some help from you guys. Thank you very much

·
Registered
3 Posts
My titanium is cloth. If I can get to it I'll snap some pics. They are all black and different from any other focus seat. I work at the #1 ford dealership so I drive a lot of them and I've never seen one with cloth like the one I ordered

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they as comfortable as the leather seats? Im debating between a SEL 302A or a base titanium. Would love to have your opinion in this. Thank you very much

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you could snap some pictures I would be interested as well ( no intent to thread jack) I was also thinking the same as the OP and it saves a little money plus it wouldn't wear like leather.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm very impressed w the "cloth" interior. I quote because it's not like the traditional cloth you're probably thinking about. Comparable to the cloth I've seen in an RX-8 before if that helps

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would love to see pictures too! I dont like leather seats so my Ti is coming without them. I would love to see how they look!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow those are awesome! I love the shape of the seat and then the look of the cloth and layout. I think I'm gonna save 1300 and go with the cloth. It has come a long way from the 90s

·
Registered
29 Posts
They are very nice. It's not the same cloth you would see in something like a camry that's fuzzy and wears really bad. It's pretty grippy and they use different weaves on the different panels which makes the bolstering stand out. I suspect the fabric used in high wear locations is much tougher.

The biggest downside to the fabric seats if you don't care about leather is you don't get the folding armrest in the back.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for the pictures! I am glad I went with the cloth!

The only thing from that package that I wanted is the auto-dimming mirror, but I wasnt paying for everything else. Its a shame, that and sync are my two favorite features in my 08 SES.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Are the cloth seats in the SEL different form the Titanium in terms of looks? I think the TIT are smaller/ sports seats- right?

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
I have those same seats in my car but they are two tone black and gray such a nice seat.

·
Registered
772 Posts
It's crazy that an auto dimming mirror isn't standard on the every one of the top of the line Titanium's. One way Ford forces people into higher packages, which makes them more money.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Could always pick up the auto dim mirror with home link after market.
Auto Dim Mirror
"Not applicable on vehicles equipped with SYNC or manual day/night mirror with compass."

So its 100% useless :( Plus I dont want that homelink stuff.

I just want a simple autodimming rearview mirror. Maybe with the compass. I am very VERY upset I cant get this without the package leather seats and auto wipers :(

·
Registered
781 Posts
"Not applicable on vehicles equipped with SYNC or manual day/night mirror with compass."

So its 100% useless :( Plus I dont want that homelink stuff.

I just want a simple autodimming rearview mirror. Maybe with the compass. I am very VERY upset I cant get this without the package leather seats and auto wipers :(
get one after-market. i picked up one for my solstice a while back and installed it myself in a few hours. i think i paid $260 or so for a mirror that had auto-dim, a compass, outside thermometer, homelink and map lights. installation wasn't hard, but if you don't want to do it yourself pretty much any auto shop will.

my mirror was made by Gentex, just google "gentex auto mirror" and you'll find lots of options. amazon also has plenty for sale. looks like $80 for a basic auto-dimming mirror. $800 for one with the works!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts