Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I've just decided to purchase a 2012 Focus Titanium, but it was really hard to find the exact model I wanted in stock. I found one that either had the handling package with 18" wheels or without. However, I like the look of the alloy wheel option much better, coming from a Mazda 3. Is it possible to get a dealer to swap out the 17" aluminum wheels (which would only be $295 more from the factory) for the polished alloys or do I have to buy new wheels myself?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Unfortunately, getting the dealer to swap the wheels would be highly unlikely.

·
Registered
683 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
By the title of this thread, I was kinda hoping someone was getting wheels made of Ti.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I chose 17" polished alloys for my SEL and the dealer had to locate a car with those wheels - it was not something they could swap after-the-fact. Hopefully they won't have too much trouble locating a Titanium for you with the wheels you want.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I figured it wasn't likely I could get it swapped. I found various Titanium models that were close, but finding one with the exact specs and alloy wheels seemed impossible and I think it will be tough to get as a good a price as I did. I think I will just learn to like the stock 17"s :) Plan to sign the purchase agreement tomorrow...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just a note: "aluminum" & "alloy" are the same thing.
Well, in this context they are [:)]. I was just going by the naming that Ford seems to use, though I suppose it's a bit odd that they refer to them this way.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I love the SEL premium package 17"s and if you get a 303a rapic spec package SEL you practically have a Ti with much nicer (IMO) wheels than the stock Ti wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts