Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Boob Whisperer
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Betty is a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback with a 5 speed manual transmission. She is a 400A equipment group with cloth interior, has the 18" Handling Package, and the Winter Package. She was special ordered by me on 3/17/2012, built on 5/27/2012, and I took delivery of her on 6/02/2012.
Factory fresh:

Hatch Nation:

As she sits today..

·
Boob Whisperer
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Past projects

Since this is also my picture thread, I thought I would post some of the past vehicles I have spent so much of my time and efforts on. Here are some old photos that I found and scanned.

1st:
1991 Mustang LX 5.0

2nd:
1995 Thunderbird LX V8

Now into the digital camera era
3rd:
1995 Cherokee

4th:
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

5th:
2005 Legacy GT wagon

6th:
2002 Corvette Z06

·
Boob Whisperer
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Betty in Wintermode

Blizzak WS60's mounted on custom painted OE 17's. Color can best be described as a matte gunmetal bronze, with some BBS Gold mixed into the clear.

Cynrychioli, fel pennaeth!

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
I like those!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Wow! Turned out great! I can't believe how good they look. Any info on the clear coat process? I like matte wheels with clearcoat, almost looks like satin. Did your painter do this in one process (colored powder, clear powder, then bake) or bake the color on then bake the wheel again with the clear on afterwards?

·
Boob Whisperer
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow! Turned out great! I can't believe how good they look. Any info on the clear coat process? I like matte wheels with clearcoat, almost looks like satin. Did your painter do this in one process (colored powder, clear powder, then bake) or bake the color on then bake the wheel again with the clear on afterwards?
AFAIK, this is a paint process, not a powder coat. His paint supplier had him try a new technique to get a matte finish with a clearcoat. He mixed 4 different colors to come up with the base, then mixed a little BBS gold into the clear.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts