Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my zx3 is leaking in the trunk on the driver side. taped up the vent on the corner didnt do anything
has this happend to anyone else?

on the front pass. side the plastic that goes over the cowl panel isnt sealed to the window.
should i be worried about this?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
My leak is in the right rear of hatch. I think it may be the hole where the wing nut goes through. I put some RTV on it yesterday. My aftermarket lights use foam rubber to seal the hole instead of just plain rubber.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah i thought that might be something good to check. im goin to pull all the trim out tomarow and check it all.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
There are at least 4/5 places behind the tail lights that are potential water leak points......that includes the rubber seal around the wire harness. I checked my tail lights in the summer....before re-installing them I packed the areas with silicone grease.

I will probably add a rubber seal around the inside edges of each tail light next spring. I also added a water alarm system down by the spare tire (that's where the water will wind up). Home Depot $10.

The edges of the plastic cowl don't sit tight against the wind-shield. There's a foam gasket on the thing that's supposed to do the sealing. Mine was ripped up... I replaced it with a rubber weather-strip/gasket from Home Depot. For a temporary fix you could use a piece of duct tape over the edge of the cowl onto the wind-shield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts