Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is time for me to finally get another set of tires for the car. I was looking at some Falkens. Have anyone here had any experience with this brand?

·
Registered
845 Posts
right now, I have Bridgestone Potenzas...I've never tried Falkens

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GonFishin said:
right now, I have Bridgestone Potenzas...I've never tried Falkens
I have seen those around town. I think they put them on the new scubies and the RX8. how long have you had them? What is your opinion of them?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've had good experience with Kumho's. I can't think of a better tire for the price.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I like the Potenzas fine, and I've had them almost a year. They have okay traction, but I get them loose a lot when applying gas in turns (no more than any other tire I guess). They are pretty soft rubber, so as long as you maintain speed in a turn, you'll have good traction (there are exceptions). I like that people recongnize the name. Sometimes it's like I'm driving around with the Rolex of tires the way older people react to them.

If you keep them clean, they hold tire oil really well and can look DARK black.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Falken's are good especially if you auto-x alot. SCC magazine always gives them good reviews. They have alot of grip and are fairly cheap compared to other brands. I've heard people say that the sidewall's are very stiff and it is hard to get them mounted because of that. But I have had no problems and the ride wasn't really harsh when I had the 205-40's.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
I think they are called Kumho Ecsta 712 not exstacy. they are cheap, and decent quality with great wet handling, VERY VERY BAD WINTER!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts