Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys like? I'm seeing Eagles at about 121 each with a 400 treadwear and no tread warranty, but some Continentals with a 540 rating and 50,000 treadwear warranty for like 128 each. I like to sport around in the car, but I'm not racing SCCA or anything- the added tire life is appealing.

Feedback? (preferably from personal experience, maybe??)

Thanks!

·
Registered
337 Posts
well I run all seasons on my SVTF (summers on the mazdaspeed miata)

I am about to buy a set of these:Conti Extreme Contact DWS

I switched the mazdaspeed Miata to the Conti Extreme Contact DW's (summer performance, but I don't drive the miata in the winter) and loved them, so it's convinced me to try the Conti DWS (all season version of the tire)

I currently run the Dunlop SP Sport Signatures. Not bad but I don't like them. The tread life is no where near what the rating suggests, my fronts are just about at the wear bars and the tires get darn squirelly and hydroplane at the drop of a hat now. New they were fine, but as they wear down the ability to shed water has dropped sharply, more of a drop in performance through wear then any other tire I have had. Overall they were fine new, but wore down waaaay faster than tires with a lesser wear rating I have had, I won't ever buy them again.

My favorite tires for the SVTF are the Pirelli PzeroNero M+S (all season version), the BFG G-force supersports were also a good tire. My friend ran both those tires on his '99 M3 as well and liked them both, mirrored the opinions too, Pirelli's were better. The Pirellis do have a stiff side wall though, it's great for steering response, but the BFG's quieted out some of the small bumps in the road. But I wouldn't call the BFG's too soft in the sidewall, I never had any problem with the tire rolling over too much on hard cornering.

·
because race car
1,948 Posts
Hancook ventus v12 would be a great option. They grip well, they're quiet, and they are only like $100 or so a piece

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hancook ventus v12 would be a great option. They grip well, they're quiet, and they are only like $100 or so a piece
I think the name "Hankook" is stupid, but I moved a company 4x4 Toyota Tundra recently 1,000 miles with Hankook all-terrains, and was very impressed with the drive/ride. At a glance, I thought the tires were nearly new, but when I went through the glove box and found the receipt, they had almost 40,000 miles on them! I was REALLY impressed then! They were only like two years old, but nevertheless I was very impressed with how quiet and smooth they rode. Might have to give that brand a try...

Thanks for the feedback all!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just noticed djo90 is from Idaho- coincidentally, I'm from there as well, and the Tundra trip I mentioned was from Idaho Falls to Phoenix.

Worthless information, I know. Couldn't resist though.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Looking for a A/S tire= Conti's DWS, but your in AZ, so I'd go w/ Dunlop's Z1 Star Spec, or if going on the cheap Hankook's Ventus V12, like mentioned above. I used to live in Chandler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts