Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Are Tires That Important

• YES! They Make or Break the Car

Votes: 72 85.7%
  • Eh, If I have the money I'll get nice ones, but won't go out of my way.

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • No, they are just going to wear anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As long as they aren't bald, tires mean nothing to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Extremely important...

Here's a little analogy using shoes instead of tires:
How important are shoes to your feet? [;)]
-Would you wear hiking boots to run a marathon in?
-Would you wear tennis shoes to hike in the snow?
-How about playing football in sandals?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Most important part of the Car.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
barring an engine swap or F/I, the most noticable improvement you can make to the car if you drive it hard, no question in my mind.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
this is how i think about it when it comes to tires..

your tires are the only thing between you, and the road.

·
Registered
113 Posts
A good set of tires will improve almost any car. What other mod can improve acceleration, braking and handling? Weight reduction is the only other mod that I can think of that can do that.

·
Registered
398 Posts
..:: sleestak ::.. said:
good rubbers are always a sound investment
I will second that haha..

And if you forget the rubbers, throw in some pills instead (in the gas tank, of course) [8D]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don;'t get me wrong, I am in no way saying that I don;'t care about tires, my friends and I got into a tift about it: they choose to find the cheapest I choose to find a good quality tire.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Tires are very important. But since I dont have lots of money laying around, I get a good and a (somewhat) cheap (price-wise) tire, but still a quality tire is best. I can't pay $100+ per tire and then installation, just wont fit the budget. Kuhmos are great for a balance between budget and performace. I've had nothing but good experience with them.

·
Banned
503 Posts
stokc the tires are a 60 series....drive a focus with 40 series tires once...ull crap ur pants at some of the speeds u can pull around corners with just a differant tire on ur car....

·
Registered
113 Posts
You don't even need to change the aspect ratio of the tire to feel the difference. Just getting a good set of sticky tires on even the stock rims can improve your cars performance.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Not only handling, etc... I do a lot of driving on the Taconic State Parkway here in NY. The should register that road as a certified hydroplane testing lab. There's no crown to speak of in the road, and when they built it they put curbs right at the edge of the pavement to make sure the driving surface maintains the maximum amount of water.
And yeah, I'm in the price/value segment, and I'm pretty happy with the Kumho's I picked up...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
jaimz22 said:
your tires are the only thing between you, and the road.
[thumb]

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Absolutely the top of the list when it comes to performance. All the horsepower and suspension in the world doesn't mean crap when you can't put it to the pavement.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Ain't nothin like having confidence in your cars handling ability.
Especially when you are pushing 75 on a nice fairly tight corner
and still accelerating while passing everyone on the inside.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
^^^I disagree. I would much rather have drums all around and really good tires than 14" Brembos and ultra-cheap tires. The car with the best tires will stop far shorter again and again, and have vastly improved handling and acceleration on top of it.

Brakes are very important, but not nearly as much as tires.

·
Registered
107 Posts
tires seperate the car from the sled.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts