Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok it winter and i guess my wife sin't letting me put the focus away because she said and quote " o this winter isn't that bad, and when it snows hard we arn't out there driving, so we don't need to pull out the ford experdition.

so i got 6 spoke svt wheels, and i see a set of winter tires, but the size im not sure one, 225/17/60 will they fit the svt 6 spokes/.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
maybe get something a little narrower

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
woah... those are going to rub. sidewall tooooooooo high

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Ya, definitely get something narrower!! those are going to float on top of the snow!!! try finding some steelies for dirt cheap!!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
snapp then.... i guess i won't be getthing those tires.... lol

i think im gunna be testing out the new Michelin X-Ice Xi2

for 15in rims..... the spec are... 205/60/15 - 91T - they are from tirerack.com and only 68 a tire??? on sale i believe. they are new tires(new style) but already heard great things about them.

i was thinkin steelies, but i already got 3 sets of rims in the garage... euro/6spoke svt/ 12 or 14 spoke ses.... which is curb rashed up the but... but ill be mounting snow tires on that 1.

and of course the stock 1's i got on mine...

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
you you be even better off with 195/60/15 since thats the stock size for the 15" rims and better yet if you can find some 185/65/15, narrow tires are better in the winter, because they "cut" thru the snow, the wider the tire it acts more like a plow

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've only seen 195 and 205 for those tires at tire rack...

if i got to 195, then it will be 21 dollar more per tire.... 84 extra... worth it?

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
no not for that much, try looking at blizzaks, and other brands, the michelin you chose is a great snow tire, but there are others that are cheaper and can perform just as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts