1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
if i were to choose i would say PS2's

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
pirelli's blow i had a set of them and they sucked so freakin bad in the rain and snow.. had to get some cheapos and they out do the perelli

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
The michelins don't seem bad and do buy tires because of where they are made because half of the tires you buy aren't made in the usa even goodyears.

·
Registered
155 Posts
pirelli's blow i had a set of them and they sucked so freakin bad in the rain and snow.. had to get some cheapos and they out do the perelli
That would be like me complaining that a t-shirt didnt keep me warm when I went to Alaska.

I doubt the person asking about these tires is going to have to worry about snow since he lives in southern California.

We should all buy tires for our particular environment.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I don't think you can compare everyday Pirelli's or Michelin's to either of the two tires shown. These are both top of the line ultra high performance tires. These are about as close to a full race tire as you can get for everyday street use. I sincerely hope you're not putting either on a Focus as it would never benefit from the expense or performance these tires can provide. These are intended for the likes or Porsche 911's and BMW M cars. Sometimes referred to as autobahn tires or for lapping at Nurburing (sp) in your Lambo or dancing horse. If I owned a car that deserved these I'd probably go with the Michelin's.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't think you can compare everyday Pirelli's or Michelin's to either of the two tires shown. These are both top of the line ultra high performance tires. These are about as close to a full race tire as you can get for everyday street use. I sincerely hope you're not putting either on a Focus as it would never benefit from the expense or performance these tires can provide. These are intended for the likes or Porsche 911's and BMW M cars. Sometimes referred to as autobahn tires or for lapping at Nurburing (sp) in your Lambo or dancing horse. If I owned a car that deserved these I'd probably go with the Michelin's.
I think that's an excellent point. And if I may add my own.

A Ford Focus doesn't have the weight to utilize what these tires are offering.
You may actually lose traction by putting them on a Focus.

·
Registered
584 Posts
BFG is also an American brand (factory a half hour from my work) and they have a few summer tires around that performance range. You won't need or notice the difference of a UHP versus a Max or Extreme performance tire on the street. That's a great reason to check outr the BFGs. They are priced well for the performance and life you get out of them. It's all over the forum if you search. If you're competing in a street tire class for actual sanctioned racing, neither of those are quite top notch, but that's a whole different thread in a different forum section.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I second the BFGs if thats an option. Between the two, the pirelli is my vote, but the dont last as long (seems like softer material)

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
If you want a high performance tire for a good price just go with some Azenis or something. They're fairly inexpensive for grippy tires but you'll probably only get 15-20k out of them depending on whether you race or not and your driving habits. And for me, they even do very well in rain. I was surprised at how well they held up in the flood last week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts