Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my rear kumho ecstas on for 2 months and they're already bald. I dont do much driving at all. My car is lowered and im wondering if that has anything to do with it. My front tires have been on for 3 times as long and barely have any tread gone. Anybody have any clue on why this is happening. My car seems to be aligned good. I'm buying new tires this week but im curious if something is wrong.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Camber is probably way off and you causing abnormal wear to the inside of your tires. You'll need to get a rear camber kit or else you're going to continue to have this same problem. You can also check the condition of your dampers. When you lower your vehicle, you wear out the stock dampers very quickly. That can cause problems as well.

How far is your car lowered? You don't do any crazy e-brake yanks do you?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Actually toe (either in or out) in large amounts (usually from lowering) will kill tires rapidly. Is the wear pretty even or only on the inside?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the wear is pretty even up until about 2 inches of the outside lip. I bought the car already lowered so i had no idea. Could it just be cheap tires...i got them for 55 bucks a pop?

·
Registered
308 Posts
p1tchblack said:
the wear is pretty even up until about 2 inches of the outside lip. I bought the car already lowered so i had no idea. Could it just be cheap tires...i got them for 55 bucks a pop?
Whatever you buy, get an alignment first!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts