Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just got a set of 16x7 wheels what size tire are people running for autox. mide you these will be autox only wheels

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
215/45/16 falken azenis 615k. Hands down haven't found another street tire like them. I dailyed them and used them for canyon runs not one complaint I can think of

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
215/45/16...yes, autoX only tires...kumho V710's are awsome!!

·
slow
1,734 Posts
Do you want street tires or R-comps?

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
I had the bfg kdw the azenis had almost x2 the grip. And the kdw are loud when new

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think he runs in ST. I would suggest Star Specs.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
I daily the rs3 in 225/50/16 and the azenis are better

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I was looking at those sizes but I kinda wanted a shorter tire but the rs3 are the top of my list I don't have the cash for comp r
Posted via FF Mobile

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is first set of wheels just for autox so
Posted via FF Mobile

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also im is fsp now since I don't have a cat
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
125 Posts
225 is a lot of street tire for a 7" wheel. The tendency would be to a more delayed steering response and less feel. Also, a 50 sidewall in that width makes for a tall tire as well.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
215/45/16 falken azenis lol. Trust me u wont regret it. I was blown away of how these handle. In local we have some really nice twisty canyons that get really tight 15-30mph and open up abit 50-70mph

·
Registered
8 Posts
i run the star specs and love them it feels like a whole different car when i put them on ,i am in h-stock and have won my class all 3 times this year

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
I've put over 12k on my azenis daily and canyon runs. I have put about the same on my hankook ventes rs3's daily and canyon runs. I would choose my falken over the hankooks,the rs3 are good but not to the extreme level of the azenis

·
slow
1,734 Posts
I've put over 12k on my azenis daily and canyon runs. I have put about the same on my hankook ventes rs3's daily and canyon runs. I would choose my falken over the hankooks,the rs3 are good but not to the extreme level of the azenis
That is interesting, I assume both are in the same size? If we are talking autox though, its not quite the same as blasting through the canyons. RS3s have been shown to deal with heat much better than the falkens, so at an autox you won't be out there trying to spray down greasy falkens after every run.

I don't have the money to do any testing, unfortunately, so I can't tell you definitively if the RS3s would out perform Azenis at an autox.

I think you could be happy going with any of the current popular street tires though. I think that at nationals this year, RE-11s, RS3s and whatever the Toyo tire is, performed the best.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts