Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a good tire that will last a good amount of time and cost very little?

I found the Vee Rubber Vitron on ebay for 235 for 4.

I have had 2 sets of tires on this 07 ZX3 SES and both sets were worn out after 30K. the Pirrelli P6's were done after about 24K and the Cooper CS4's are still good but I only got about 30K on them now... they will be done in the next 5k.

I have looked at the following:

Vee Rubber Vitron
Nexen
Fuzion

I realize there are better tires but after dropping $500+ on the Coopers... I refuse to spend any more on good tires if they are going to be shot in 30K anyway.

It must be something about the little hatchback with manual trans and tight handling... it eats tires like nuts...

Thanks for any insight...

JBZ

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
the BFG traction T/A's i have had for like 3 years (40k km) and can probably get another 2 years out of them.

i have had falken ZE-912's and they had 25k before i sold them and they were not even at the 1st rotate wear mark.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the BFG traction T/A's i have had for like 3 years (40k km) and can probably get another 2 years out of them.

i have had falken ZE-912's and they had 25k before i sold them and they were not even at the 1st rotate wear mark.
OK Cool.. I check out the traction TA man! Thanks.

JBZ

·
Registered
190 Posts
Unfortunately the BFG Traction TA is no longer available in a 205/60R15. And with the Fuzion, it's so new that you won't be able to find anyone who has driven on them for enough miles to get a real sense of how long they will truly last.

If I can make a recommendation check out the Kumho Solus KH16 or the BFG Super Sport. Both have reasonably good warranties and while I don't think they will last the entire mileage warranty, they should get close.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Unfortunately the BFG Traction TA is no longer available in a 205/60R15. And with the Fuzion, it's so new that you won't be able to find anyone who has driven on them for enough miles to get a real sense of how long they will truly last.

If I can make a recommendation check out the Kumho Solus KH16 or the BFG Super Sport. Both have reasonably good warranties and while I don't think they will last the entire mileage warranty, they should get close.
Isnt he wanting 16"s? 205/50/R16

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have had good luck with the KH16 205-50/16 on my 2003 ZX5. Have had Nitto, BF Goodrich, Falken just to name a few and the KH16 lasted the longest. Not a performance tire but a good quiet ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts