Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
What do i put here?
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my brother recently just bought a taurus from some cop in sum suburb......Well its heavenly stench with cigarrete smell i tried fabreeze and nothing it went away for like a few hours!!!!! and came back WAT SHOULD I DO!!!!!!!!!!

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,797 Posts
it will take awhile for it to go away, but you almost have to detaail the interior. Bust out the carpet cleaner for the carpet, use orange citrus of febreese and a bucket of warm water and clean everything from the seats to the dash boars to all the interior trium. Sprinkle some vanilla around too when you are done.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
One that I heard worked when someone had their porch sprayed by a skunk; put a pound of roast coffee in a tin (if you need to drive you obviously need a tin that won't tip over) and leave it in the car for 2 or 3 days....

Good luck! And let us know what you end up doing and if it works....

·
Get The Hammer!
1,687 Posts
clean everything using something with a degreaser. Use simple green on door panels and dash, leave coffee or baking soda in the car for a while. Steam clean seats. "my car smelt like coffee when I bought it, the girl I bought it from worked at Starbucks"

·
Registered
297 Posts
to add to all these, don't forget the scrub the crap out of the headliner. my wife has a fleet of company cars that her employees smoke in and that's where I scrub and spray the most.

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
first off if the smell is really bad like someone has been chain smoking since the late 90s in the car none of that stuff will work, it will cover it up for a while but it will come back (cant say the same for ozium never tried it) but anyway your best bet is to take it to a dealer or detailer and tell them to "bomb" it and to tell you the truth sometimes that dosent even work so buy a box of those $1 pine tree airfresheners and every time you step into the car put it around ur face (pic) or just cut down a pine tree and throw it in the back seat who needs a back seat anyways if your car smells no ones going to want to ride with you anyways
-Hawkins-

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Here is a little more infor on Ozium:

"Reduces airborne bacteria and eliminates smoke and odors. Cleanses the air with glycolized action: lighter-than-air particles remain suspended for 3-4 hours, sanitizing, deodorizing and leaving a fresh fragrance. Use in schools, medical facilities and food-processing areas. EPA Registered."

Sometimes I will spray it in my car after I park it for the night and let the spray work with out interuption. When I open my car in the morning it is oder-less! A one second spray is all that is needed. In your case I would spray in in the car once a night until it has finished removing the oder.

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
Ozium. open windows forever. and if that doesn't work replace stuff.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
most of the time no matter what a person does the smell will stay, mainly because it clings to the headliner. vacuum or clean it and the smell will disappear fairly quick.. then shut all the windows and spay with some ozium... smell will be gone

1 - 14 of 14 Posts