Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I know I've posted a few threads in here recently but I just had to show this off.

For Christman I bought my self a Griots Garage orbital buffer kit. I was just going to try it out yesterday but ended up doing my whole car, lol. I have to say, if you are looking for some good quality detailing supplies that are miles better than off the shelf but aren't that much more, check out www.griotsgarage.com , they have some of the coolest stuff there to.

Anyways, onto the detail and used the following process.

-Washed with 2 bucket method and Meguiars soap
-Dried with plush micro-fiber towel
-Clayed with Griots clay and their Speed Shine as lubrication
-Taped off plastic and rubber trim
-Began polishing with Griots Machine Polish 3, most panels took two hits to get it as good as I thought it could, although I plan on some heavier grit for some areas.
-Finished with Griots Best of Show wax on entire car

Total time, 6 hours and I didn't even touch the wheels or interior [:0]

Weapons of Choice

This was after one fender and one door [unsure]

Taped up

Hood after 2 hits, still some swirls although the whole front end is getting resprayed this spring, damn rock chips.

Nearly 100% free of swirls [headbang]

There were some deeper scratchs here but my camera wouldn't focus on them, these will need some heavier grit to get rid of, still came out 5X better than it was.

Rear bumper

Fenders came out around 90% free of swirls.

Front bumper still looks awful

[:(!]

Some finished shots

Let me know what you guys think, this was my first attempt at actual polishing and not just hand waxing and I think it came out phenomenal!

[cheers] Nick

-

·
I'm Back!
2,304 Posts
Sick dude, nice job[thumb], looks like I'm driving to C-Bus later[;)]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
jeez why do the bumpers always have to be such PITA's?? mine still has a ton of crap on it, not to mention my repair has started to crack again [gunfire] mind if I borrow yours? [hihi]

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
how did you do that? its sooo cold outside!

car looks beautiful

·
Registered
367 Posts
[clap] u did a great job....i might have to spend a little more time on mine now

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
glad to see someones got motivation...
when winter comes i just give my car a good wash once a week cause i know its gunna get filthy within 2 days

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Love it when the "best color" comes clean with a mirror finish. Great job. Too bad it needs another bath to wash off all of this drooling.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My friend has the same stuff, it works great. I think we spent about 6 hours on my car and the results were amazing.
It's great isn't it! I plan on ordering tons more from them. The Speed Shine quick detailer works 100X better than any off the shelf Meguiars or Turtle Wax, I've used most of them and this stuff blows them out of the water, whipes off without a bit of residue no matter what. And it's only slightly more, I plan on ordering a gallon of it to refill [thumb]

how did you do that? its sooo cold outside!

car looks beautiful
Thanks! I think it looks absolutely stunning. It was about 45 out yesterday so washing was a tad cold as I did it at 8am, lol. But I used my gf's garage and it was fine once the heat of the day came.

Thats the exact kit I want! Nice work[woot]
Do it! It's amazing and near idiot proof. With the Machine Polish 3 the kit comes with, it's near impossible to make it look any worse. You'd have to go over the same spot 50 times to do any real damage. It's worth every penny. My roommates dad already wants to pay me to do his S4 so hopefully I can make my money back and then some with it.

Thanks for the comments [thumb]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
215 Posts
Im have some griots products, but I think the wax and polish are just ok. Car looks great though

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im have some griots products, but I think the wax and polish are just ok. Car looks great though
I really love their polish and but while the wax gives amazing results, it's rather hard to completely remove as it dries pretty solid. I've been using Zymol products a bit lately which I've found are alittle easier to work with while giving similar results.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts