Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just about finished off my 2nd set of autox tires on my SVT and it's rather disappointing.

First set of tires: 215/40/17 Dunlop Star Specs
~3,000 street miles
Less than 50 autox runs

Second set of tires: 205/50/15 BFG Rivals
~3,000 street miles
Less than 25 autox runs
4, 20 min sessions on track at VIR

I will probably get 1 or 2 more events out of the Rivals. All the tires are worn evenly across the tire with the passenger side front wearing a little more than the others.

What are you guys getting for wear?

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
When I had my Hankook RS3s ... and drove the events on them about 65 miles each way ... I ran for 6 events before needing to replace them.

I currently run the RE11s and need to get new tires now. After 8 events. and drive to and from the race.

I don't daily the tires.

Ray

·
Registered
15 Posts
The wear you had on the star specs is surprising to me. On my FiST I had well over 100 runs between 3 drivers and about 4,000 miles on them and they still have plenty of tread to the point they are currently on my SVTF. Maybe I'm not driving hard enough but they have plenty of rubber left for more runs.

I have a set of the original ZII that has probably more runs on them but still have 3-5/32nds depending on the tire, probably close to 5-6,000 road miles on them as well.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
I find it pretty crazy how fast you went through these.

I have had Kumho Ecsta-XS for maybe 20 events and still have a few more left in them. I only run them at the course (change wheels when I arrive and leave)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts