Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its coming up on time for some new rubber. I want something that is a little soft, handles good, looks good, and has a nice agressive tread that will tread water fairly well...any suggestions?? I dont' know hardly anything about tires so im lost [paranoid]

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hankook Ventus HRII H405, i have it for 5 months now and i love it, or Federal SS 595 i tried it 1 week and they a awesome(too bad i cant keep these one, because the shop where i buy it gave me the wrong size and dont have the size i needed in stock)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been very happy with my Fuzion tires, they've handled everything I've done with them, and you can't beat the price $350 out the door lifetime balance rotation and hazard. The price will go up when the tires catch on, so now's a good time to try them. That price was for 215/45/17's

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
pirelli P6's baby. Stock on 16 inch rims from mid 2003 on. I love them. They go thru snow great, water great, wear great, and aren't to noisey. I have seen prices from about $87 so they are a good price too.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k, thanks for the suggestions! now, i want to go a little wider...i don't understand the numbers ont he tires... like right now i have 205/55/16's. I don't really understand the number, i thought i knew but someone else told me different. I want a wider tire...or as wider than what i have now.. so what size could i put on there?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yea, im also on stock rims...i want to go as big as i can on the stock rim. will a 215/45/16 fit???

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Not sure about how wide of a tire you could put on the stock 16" rim.(205/55/16) But the 205 rating is how wide the tire is. the 55 is how tall the sidewall of the tire is. and the 16 is the size of rim the tire is on.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i might be getting some new rims now.... I really like the yokohama...but i believe its pretty expensive is it not?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, im going to buy the tires locally...everythings going to be local. The rims and tires... But me and my dad are going to go check out some places for some quotes and stuff tuesday to see what we can figure out. So right now im just saving money for all this. Im going to be getting 17's, tires, and the Eibach springs...1.5" drop. Can't wait to get all of it and see it on the car.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think im going to go with 215/40/17 kumho 711. Just because they are cheaper. I dont have a lot of money so i decided on those. $69 a peice. Now i just have to get the MONEY!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yokohama Avid H4S is a very good tire, they run about 120 for 215/45/17

Ive had the Kumho Ecsta 711 on my Thunderbird SC for 2 years now. They are nice tires, soft, quiet and smooth....priced fairly good too

Todd

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bump. Is anyone certain a 215/55 tire will fit on the stock rim?? I can't get the kumho 711 in 205/55 so will 215/55 work on a stock 16" rim?

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Pretty sure that would work, look at this link from Tirerack:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Kumho&model=ECSTA+711&partnum=05ZR6E711

They show the 205-50/16 as the Focus stock tire, and right under that is the one you're askign about. You see almost all of the specs fall in the same range (and those that don't I don't even know what they're measuring). So my guess would be they will fit just fine on the stock 16" rims.

Hmm, link doesn't seem to work so look up the Kumho 711 under Tires then click its "Specs" link and it shows a big chart with all sorts of measurements.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts