Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys, it is time for me to purchase the first replacement tires for the
focus. my old tires were the pirelli p6 four seasons 205/50/16 and i have put 32,000 miles on them. The thing is, the tread is only worn on the front two tires. the back tires have decent tread on them.

my questions are, should i buy two pirelli p6's, should i buy two tires that are different, or should i just buy four new tires.

i was looking at the kuhmo ecsta asx. the reviews say they are a better tire than the p6's

·
Registered
16 Posts
i say if you have the cash buy four new P6 and keep the old ones just in case nothing worse than buying two tires and then haven a problem with the old two

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
You shouldn't really mix tire types. Its only asking for bad things as they have different handling characteristics.

Ever heard of rotating them before one end is worn out? lol

But it depends on what you want. If you like the P6's then I would put the good ones in front and get some news for the rear. Then rotate them after 8000 miles or so. Keeps the tires lasting longer. If not then get yourself a whole new set. Such as the Kuhmo AST's or the Firestone Firehawk GTs.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, i do rotate them. i don't know what happened though. the tread was fine a couple
thousand miles ago, but when i changed out my suspension this weekend i noticed the
inside of the tire was bald. the outer edge has decent tread on it. so i guess it went crazy
out of alignment one day.

but i guess i am just gonna have to buy a whole new set. i really want to try test out
my new suspension anyway.

thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the tires went bad before the new springs. I noticed they were garbage when i was installing them
i am gonna have it aligned next week sometime when the springs settle.

i lowered it with the frpp kit (1.5")

1 - 6 of 6 Posts