Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Im looking at getting some tires, first off i go through tires like Ken Block and im on a budget so what out of these tires would be a good/decent pick? I love going around corners so i like grip on a budget. All of these are 205 45 16

ACHILLES Atr Sport 400AAA $251+ mount and bal
Accelera Alpha 260 AA $286+ mount and balance
Hankook Ventus v2 500AA $343+ mount and bal
Falken Ziex ZE950 600AA $341+ mount and bal

All come with warranty

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in order

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Hankook, purely because they're not Chinese crap (or even worse).
This^^^^^^ Any non chinese tires. Maybe Korean, but not china.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
BTW, if you want a good summer tire with great handling, Tire Rack has the BFG g-force comp-2 for $246 after rebate (for four). They are excellent tires for summer use.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
What's wrong with falken or achillies?

My father car has a nice set on his and I like them.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
What's wrong with falken or achillies?

My father car has a nice set on his and I like them.
Nothing as long as they don't say made in China.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was not impressed with the hollow sound on the road and the tire fold on sharp turns i had with the ventus V4's i had. I dont know about the v2's if they are any different or not?
My current tires (Goodyear eagle authority) are made in Chile....[ohcrap] but so far they seem to be doing very well..

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Firestone affinity's for a good priced all season.

Really good wet traction for the price.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
The Firestone's are super quiet too

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
I have 195/60R15s, but I decided to try Goodyear Eagle Sport All Seasons. Haven't installed yet but will let y'all know what they're like..

·
Registered
114 Posts
i go through tires like Ken Block and im on a budget
Falken Ziex ZE950 600AA $341+ mount and bal
If your doing huge burnouts and sliding like ken block you're gonna want a tire with a higher tread rating like the falken so it'll last longer. If you would rather have grip going around a corner go for the accelera as it's got the lowest tread rating so is probably the stickiest tire.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went with the Achilles atr sports 205 45 16. $250 shipped. Gotta put them on (along with my racelands!). And I'll let everyone know how everything preforms

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
My tire place said they'd have my Goodyear Eagle Sports in on Friday...dropped my car off, dad went there and they said Wednesday. Fml

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Achilles atr sports = Chinese Crapola

Prepare yourself for a Great shitty and loud ride with minimal traction, shitty wear and crappy stop times......good job

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/general-discussion/187902-achilles-atr-sport-tyre-failure.html

heres another

http://www.fordmods.com/gearbox-sus...-tyres-supplied-with-package-deal-t91381.html

I dont get why people cheap out on tires these are the only things holding you to the road and THE MOST important items on ANY vehicle.

You dont have to go out and buy the most expensive track tire but at least get something that is known good, tried and tested. You were warned about getting Chinese crap and what do you go and do......BUY CHINESE CRAP.

Not only that.......you saved a few bones...."at least you thought you did" and gave your money to a a company that will continue to push out more CHINESE CRAP over here. Cause you were suckered! Thinking you got a "good deal"

Chinese tires should be avoided. They will be good one day, but currently they are 20 years or more behind in tread compound technology. Like most Asian production, making lots of a product cheaply and getting them into world markets quickly rates well above product quality. It's part of the Asian business ethos unfortunately. Not that easy to make a tire with good wear characteristics, as well as good dry/wet performance. Pay more and don't scare yourself on a wet road.

good luck hope you dont have a blow out

1 - 20 of 57 Posts