Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after finding out my 3 Year old 18,000km Pirelli P7000's have decided to fall apart on me i need new summer tires..

I'm looking for something with a ZR speed rating at minimum, something thats unidirectional and that handles very well, has to deal with water well.. and it should have allot of grip.. (Kind of like my old pirelli's just ones that wont be shit after 18K)

Anyway any suggestions are welcome and all will be appriechiated. Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
You're asking a lot. But the biggest issues that need clarification are how much do you want to spend, do you need an all-season or a summer only tire, and what kind of mileage (life) do you expect or need from the tire?

It's easy to recommend a tire that sticks like glue but will only get a max. of 10K miles and cost 200.00+ per tire. Not too many people can afford these. It's a lot tougher to come up with a sub 100.00 tire that provides great handling and gets good mileage (say 30 to 40K). So we need to know what you think is a good price point, what you think equates to go handling (to be used on street only?, some autocross or lapping?) and what you think is good life expectancy. Why is a ZR rating important?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i am not sure what they are rated at but for the price the General UHP is decent...

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
I've got the Generals on my car. They have good grip, and they let you know when your getting close to the end of their grip. My one complaint is the soft sidewall, before with my old tires, when I shook my car there wasn't any real noticable tire flex; with the Generals there is a lot more movment. Also they are a direction tire.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Here are two of the hottest street performance tires...cost and wear not an issue:

Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec (new tire getting rave reviews)

Bridgestone RE-01R (tried and proven...current street king)

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
If your not afraid to put some money down then i'd go with a Yokohama period.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like those Bridgestone Potenza's but i would mind a set of Yoko's either i had a set and they were amazing smooth quite really sharpened up the steering... So its either or but i'm not gonna worry about it yet i got my winters on and i have untill march to decide and find the best deal.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
i've got Toyo Proxes 4 on my and they grip hella good in turns

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
well my suggestions are no pointless that i've read through the thread, lol. good luck, you're wanting some serious performance tires, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts