Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new here,

I have a 2000 Sangria red (FL) Focus LX. It used to be my wifes car but I use it as a daily driver now and want to "man" it up a bit. I started by removing the cheesy hubcaps I had on it and putting a wrinkle black finish on them with a red stripe. I want to lower it about 1.5-2" and get a set of wider tires for it.

My main question is what is the widest and tallest tire a Focus will except with a 1.5-2" drop?

Thanks in advance guys!

Eric

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
You might be able to fit a 215/45/17

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Yes your best bet is the 215/45/17 like Insane said. If you go with 18's 215/40/18.. but then you have a very thin sidewall to protect your rims. Not very good if you have pot holes or ruff roads. Also welcome to Focus Fanatics...[welcome] [wave]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I want to keep the 14x6 steel wheels. My question is how big of a tire will they hold. I already have a nice tuner car with 17 wheels. I want to retain a nice ride because this is my DD. I think a 215x45x17 is equivelent to 195x65x14.

·
puddins betch
0 Posts
watch the off set on the wheels

i run 205/50/17 and i have no problems but i didnt lower from what i have read the problems start with the 1.5 lowering so get a pro and check the off set on any nw wheels u get

·
Registered
584 Posts
205/60/14
the limiting factor is the width of the stock wheel. with stock wheels, and 1.5" drop, you shouldn't have any tire rubbing. thats more of a problem for lowered cars with wider wheels and different offsets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I wanted a 15x8 steel wheel what lug pattern and offset would I need. And does anyone know of a place that would sell them? On a 15x8 I should be able to put a 235-245 tire but I dont know if it would even fit.

Are there any pictures of cars done similar to this with real wide tires? It seems the wheel wells are pretty big.

I want to do a hot rod style wheel, wrinkle black with the widest tires I can fit on the car once it is dropped 1.5-2". I want raised white letters and a ride stripe on the wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts