Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, im ready to buys some new wheels and tires.

Im going with 16x7 rota wheels and looking at tires to get.

Cant seem to find falcon azenis rt615 in 215 or 225/50 size so im going with the bfgoodrich kdw2. Ive always been a fan of this tire. If there are any better for the price let me know.

Also will a 225/50 tire fit the rota wheel and will i be able to clear my fenders and not worry about rubbing. I do have an svt with h&r coilovers or should i stick witht eh 215.50 tire. Let me know, im leaning toward the 215 since i cant find kdw2 in 225 size.

or should i say screw it and get some r comp tires. What would be a good brand for that. I will be tracking my car and autocrossing it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i only see 225/50/16 in that size. Would these clear under a focus and be no problem on the 16x7 wheel.

Also do you think the sidewall for the tire is too large, or should i go with a smaller sidewall.

I think 215/45/16 is a good size. But if i could fit 225/45/16 i think it would be nice to have the extra tire.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
225/50/16 is going to be really close to rubbing, especially on the lower offset Rota wheels.
That size is 24.9" tall, and the stockers (215/45/17) are at 24.6".
In fact, I'd venture to say you'll definitely rub with the springs you listed.

If it were me, and this was strictly a track/autocross setup, I'd opt for the 215/45/16. [;)]
Check out Edge Racing and Discount Tire.
They both carry the Azenis as well.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx, looks like im going with that tire size and the azenis.

Also, im getting the steeda camber kits for the front and rear. I was wondering what some optimal specs for autocrossing would in measuring the camber and toe.

and also do i need new lug nuts for the roat wheels.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Are these going to be driven much on the street?
I'm assuming, you'll have another set for daily driving duties.
Reason I ask that, is the 215/45/16 is an inch shorter than the stockers.

I have no idea about the lug nuts.

Alignment:
Front toe: .05 to .15 toe out.
Front camber: Get as much as you can. [;)] -2° to -2.5° would be great for the track.

Rear toe: Get as close to 0 as possible, erring towards toe out. 0 to .05 out.
Rear Camber: Anywhere from -1° to -1.5°.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
WD40 said:
....Reason I ask that, is the 215/45/16 is an inch shorter than the stockers.
You mean a centimeter shorter than stockers (23.62 vs 24.62 cm) doncha ?

My Rota's didn't need new lug nuts but my the stock lug nuts look like hell since they were not visible on the oem wheels (15in 5 spoke).

Also the clearance on the Rota's made it so I could no longer use my lug wrench with the stock lug nuts either, I have to use a deep well socket to get onto them.

never have gotten the lug nuts I ordered from zxtuner.com.......

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Focusnewb said:
You mean a centimeter shorter than stockers (23.62 vs 24.62 cm) doncha ?
Nope...inches is the correct unit.
23.62cm would only be 9.3" tall.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Wow, I suck. I'm not sure why my tire calculator has (cm) cuz the way you pointed it out made me go DUH! 9.3", that's a leeetle wheel......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.