Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last tires I got on my 2013 focus se from Town Fair were probably the biggest mistake I've ever made (on my car lol)
Anyways, I want my next tires to be better.
I'm looking for all seasons, decent in the snow but still grippy in the summer.
The ones I have now are neither of the two.
I've got the 17 inch black pack rims if that makes it easier to recommend

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Best place to look at a bunch of tires AND reviews is Tire Rack website.

Plenty of reviews, and a search system which can select only the type of tire you want to use.
Sorting out a few you can read the reviews on. Even if you do not buy the tires from them!

One thing is read the reviews of folks with cars similar to your own.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Agree w/Elizabeth with Tire Rack for research. I ended up choosing the new Firestone Firehawk A/S 215/50/17. Great write up on tire rack. Not had them in snow yet but otherwise I love them. I believe I have photos of them on my profile album

·
Registered
499 Posts
Just picked up some of these at Jet.com for just over $90/tire shipped after discount code TRIPLE15 (Order in sets of 2 to get max discount) : 215/55R17 YOKOHAMA ASCEND 93V

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Just ordered PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ 235/40ZR18

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Good tires! I bought a set of titanium rims just for those tires, pretty fresh, 75% tread and pretty good...I could barely get them to screetch in fast cornering

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good tires! I bought a set of titanium rims just for those tires, pretty fresh, 75% tread and pretty good...I could barely get them to screetch in fast cornering

My car came stock with Michelin Pilot Sport 3's.... I had no idea it came with beast tires. Didn't need something that crazy and I wanted something that lasted 40k miles instead of 20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^^^they are a summer tire, correct? Any summer tire will have softer compounds and faster treadwear...they are meant as a March to Oct tire, then presumely winter tires..I wouldnt call them beast tires but they are decent.

·
Registered
94 Posts
^^^^they are a summer tire, correct? Any summer tire will have softer compounds and faster treadwear...they are meant as a March to Oct tire, then presumely winter tires..I wouldnt call them beast tires but they are decent.

At least Michelin markets them as beast tires. Says it comes stock on high end cars and has speed rating of 168 mph. I live in socal so we don't get seasons...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 ZX3, 2005 ZX5
365 Posts
i ALWAYS buy tires with a A for tread wear and AA for traction. my favorite tires are continentals. but i figure if the mustang comes with Hankook Ventus maybe give them a shot?

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
The last tires I got on my 2013 focus se from Town Fair were probably the biggest mistake I've ever made (on my car lol)
Anyways, I want my next tires to be better.
I'm looking for all seasons, decent in the snow but still grippy in the summer.
The ones I have now are neither of the two.
I've got the 17 inch black pack rims if that makes it easier to recommend
The Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 is a popular tire that balances all-season performance and dry grip pretty well, so that may be a model to peek into. There are so many good choices it seems these days that ultimately the right model for you will depend on what else you need from your tires: I.E. Treadlife, Road Noise, Comfort, Handling etc. If you would like us to help you decide, shoot us a PM and we'll make sure you're taken care of.

For reference, here are all the tire models we offer in your factory 17-inch sizing:

17-inch Tire Options | Ford Focus | Discount Tire Direct

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
I have the DWS06 and for an all season they are quite good and a marked improvement over the old DWS.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I had Bridgestone Serenity Plus tires for 34k- 80k mile warranty--replaced the original Continentals-(original awesome till they wore a little)-then they were really bad in any kind of snow so I now switched out to Michelin Premier AS--supposed to be better in the NE area where we get all kinds of weather--60k mile warranty...(time will tell)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car came stock with Solar 4XS Tires. This tire brand has been receiving positive praise, its all-season performance is highly praised, and they are relatively affordable too. They work in both summers and winters with many the wonderful features.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts