Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2012 is finally wearing out the factory continentals, and I am trying to decide on some new tires. This is a daily driver, with a 100+ mile daily commute for work. I am looking for a well balanced tire that will still have decent traction. I would like to try out autocross this summer. I don't need the stickiest tire around, but don't want to get the cheapest brand either. Looking to spend about 600 for all four, no more than 700.
I have 17" rims with 7.5" wheel. Current size is 215/50. Any thoughts on stepping up to a 225?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So my 2012 is finally wearing out the factory continentals, and I am trying to decide on some new tires. This is a daily driver, with a 100+ mile daily commute for work. I am looking for a well balanced tire that will still have decent traction. I would like to try out autocross this summer. I don't need the stickiest tire around, but don't want to get the cheapest brand either. Looking to spend about 600 for all four, no more than 700.
I have 17" rims with 7.5" wheel. Current size is 215/50. Any thoughts on stepping up to a 225?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
If you are going to autocross it I would use a "summer" category tire for the best grip. You give up some of the longevity of an all-season tire though so it depends on which is most important to you. An "ultra high performance summer" tire would get on average 25k miles. BFG makes a great one with the G-Force Sport Comp2.

If you need longer tread life with the miles you are putting on, you could use the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 (45k). As much grip as you can get in an all-season tire. I would use the 225/45R17 either way.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have the dulop super spec on mine, they are epic but you will never need a tire that sticky, i have tried, it wont slide. the noise is a huge down side though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts