Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been beat into the ground, but there are so many choices and threads to look through that I figured I'd just let the gurus post some insight.

I am looking for something around the 215-225/45-50 17 flavor. I will only be using these on the fronts. I don't need drag radials, but I want something better than a street performance tire. I dd it about half the time, but I don't mind vibration or road noise (my other dd is my B2 on 35" bias-ply tires) and would like to do some auto-x in the future.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm thinking something like these
Falken RT-615K Azenis
Toyo R1R
BFG g-Force TA KDW II NT
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11
Michelin Pilot Sport

Also heard good things about the Continental Contact line

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like those Pirelli's. Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would not recommend using different tires on the fronts than rears. The only safe recommendation I could make would be matching all four.

Mixing tires

Specifically if you improve the traction on the fronts alone your car will be prone to oversteer which can be fun on the track but not for any other circumstance.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be using all 4 of the tires I have now on the street. I have 2 spare rims the others will be going on.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
How 'bout Toyo Proxes R888's / BFG's g-forc R1's / Michelin sport cup's or Yoko's advan AO48's.

·
Registered
68 Posts
215/45 Hankook RS-3's (or 225/45 RS-3's if you like living on the edge of rubbing). I autocross on these in 255 wide on an 06 s2k and 225 on my focus, and they are amazing.

Great for street if you don't mind replacing them quite often.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. I am going to look up the ones you posted. I'll probably be buying a set of used ones to try out at first.
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 9 of 9 Posts