Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does that work. Say I bought a set at 500 and that included shipping. Then what ? do they ship to the house ?, store, do I pick the place? Whats the general cost to mount 4 on a focus ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
From their website:
"Installation Solutions

If you need assistance finding a garage or service center to install your purchase, our Recommended Installers can help. We’ve applied some of the same criteria we use for selecting quality products to our Installer selection process. Your purchase can even be drop shipped to the installer of your choice.

When you purchase a Tire & Wheel Package, your shipment arrives at your home already mounted and balanced, complete with installation instructions and hardware, allowing you the option to install the package yourself."

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
You can pick what's most convenient at the time.

Last time I got tires there I had them shipped to a local Shop I like, and dropped the wheels off there so they could mount them when they arrived.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
I have them delievered to my house and change them out myself,unless I didn't plan things right and the weather turned bad.
You can mount tires yourself? I'd say the whole mounting and balancing is not something the average person should try. If he ordered new wheels and the tires were already mounted, yes that is an easy thing to swap in ones driveway/garage.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
I destroyed a tire once and had a replacement delivered straight to the shop, tirerack had it there the next day. I have also ordered a full set and delivered to my house and then took them to a shop of my choosing.

You can also look on tireracks site, once you have them in your cart one of the options will be to ship them to a shop. Once there, they will list the local prices for mounting and other fees the shop charges.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have bought several sets of tires from TR and always had them shipped to the installing location (Merchants in my case). V. easy to deal with.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I would mention you need to call the shop first! Ask them their policy about sending Tire Rack tires to them directly. Get the mounting and balancing quote in advance too. Once that is set, no problem.

I have purchased at least 4+4(-4) sent back a set+2+2+2+2+2+4+2+2 tires from Tire Rack over the last 16 years.
All shipped to my home address.
The tire are shipped in pairs strapped together bare. No paper of box. UPS does a great job.
Sending them back is also a breeze.(if some issue, just do NOT mount them. Once you mount them, they are YOURS.)
I sent back a set of snow tires my dealer said were not suitable for the ST. So i sent them back and got some others.

Most of my +2 sets were for my 1999 Contour SVT, which ate a set of Ultra high performance Summer tires every 20K miles. Usually I bought two new ones each year..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts